Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

kyosho bf109

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 11:55 AM
chelseafc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho bf109

hi all , have just bought the above plane am in the process of painting it , as this is my first rc any advice on it would be greatly apprieciated, have been told a os46fx would be a good motor is this right? are 2 or 4 strokes any easier to control ?am thinking of putting retracts in and from what ive read you should get the good ones, is it worth the trouble?or will i spend the cash and then destroy them, if not the whole plane

thx for your help in advance
paul
Old 05-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default kyosho bf109

An OS 46FX, a Saito 72, and a YS FZ63 are all good motors for it. Four strokes have better throttle response and sound cooler. I have Hobbico mechanical retracts on mine, and they work fine (I fly off a grass runway). Great Planes mechanical retracts should also work fine. You might want to do a search for Kyosho Bf109 because the plane has been discussed about several times in the past.

If this is your first RC plane, then you are up for a big challenge. I would start out with a high wing trainer first and fly that for at least a couple of months. Then move on to a low wing trainer. If you can successfully fly and land a low wing trainer, then switch to this plane. Because it is a warbird, it will be more difficult to take off and land than your average trainer.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:18 PM
rcfanuk

Default kyosho bf109

Paul

As Richard says this is not a good idea for a first rc plane, get along to a local club with a high wing trainer. After you have mastered that and moved onto a low wing trainer then you could go onto the 109 (I have flown the kyosho spit and they are fun to fly).

If you attempt to fly this without assistance then your first flight will probably be very short.

Good luck with the training its a great hobby.

Steve
Old 05-12-2003, 06:12 PM
chelseafc

Default kyosho bf109

thanks again gor your advice, am going to a local club this saturdayand will start looking for a cheap trainer, its life expectancy will be very short so it will have to be cheap
thx once more
paul