Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 AM
tpc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Bob your right I have been waiting for Tower Hobbies to have tail, elevators in stock for my GS P51 Arf first it was late Sept then early Oct now late Oct. I won't order till I see it as in stock. I'm not tieing up my money to sit and wait for parts.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

Doug your post is out of line. You sure showed your ass. You SHOULDN'T TAKE ORDERS you can't FILL at any given time. I started trying to do business with you back in September and still haven't talked to you, and just got the first email several days ago.

Quote ''Maybe I was focusing on filling my back orders vs. trying to round up more orders!'' So you ignore the rest of us that are trying to show patronage to your company.

Quote ''With the time you have caused me I could have already shipped your order, plus a couple more for other guys!'' Don't blame me for your disorganization and unprofessional business practices!

Quote ''Anyway I just refunded your order in full and canceled your order.'' I guess if you refunded my order, wouldn't that cancel it??? or do you refund and still send people their retracts???

Quote ''If you guys want to order great! But please give me the week quoted on my site before you start bombing me on RCU and sending emails!'' How hard is it to RETURN ONE EMAIL, or EVEN A PHONE CALL??? YOU HAD 30 plus days to get back to me, don't tell me you were busy 720 hours for the month of September. There are 24 hours in a day, don't tell me that you are making retracts 24/7, because if that was the case you would have plenty on hand. So therefore that leaves us with at least 30 minutes to respond to your Loyal Customers.

Quote ''If you are not comfterable (Misspelled, the correct spelling is Com-for-ta-ble) with ordering from us due to our past, fine I understand don’t order. Wait until we have our new production / order system dialed in and proved it to everyone. Then order.'' The absolute wrong thing to tell your prospective customers.

Quote ''Maybe it’s my turn to vent!'' You have no room to vent, you've pissed more people off than you know of...

Need I say more?

you ordered on 10 / 2 and on 10 / 6 you are pissing and moaning ?

LOL !!!! who said pass this guy the Tiara ? i bet he doesn't even have a plane to put the retracts on !!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
chuckair-RCU

Some information and facts for you guys to ponder.

On 12/13/08 I ordered a set of 60-1 electric retracts from Lado.(order ID743) Their website said they would be shipped within two to four weeks. Several broken deadlines passed. I then became a little pissed. By the end of April 2009 I received them. They were worth the wait and the $166.79 I spent. If I had been told it would be nearly five months and not the two to four weeks I would not have been upset.

On August 13th I received an email from Lado stating the availability of a new product. A nose retract, just what I needed. I placed my order for a 60-7 nose gear on the 13th of August 2009. (order ID1102) The email they sent me also stated there was limited stock so order right away. So I did. As of today 10/07/09 it has not been shipped and their site has them listed as in stock.

On October 1st I ordered a set of 60-1 retracts. (order ID1201) They were listed as in stock and will ship within seven days or get $50 back. They haven't shipped yet because they are not supposed to. They still have a couple of days to go, but I will keep you informed.

Lado's certainly do exist. They have worked flawlessly in my P-51 all summer. They hadn't been shipped when promised in the past, but hopefully they will do better in the future.

Hope this information is helpful, Chuck
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
EMB145Driver
My Feedback: (7)

You guys really don't get it. How big are your brains? It's not my wait time on the retracts that was the problem, it's not being able to get in touch with anyone at LADO. If Doug would have returned one of my calls I would have been fine, I would have felt more comfortable about my purchase had I talked to someone. Go to his policys and info page and it says "we have a phone to deal with customers that don't like placing orders on the Internet. How long would it have taken him to just say they will ship out on Wednesday??? I even had a email from paypal telling me that there was an issue with my order and that the seller couldn't be verified.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
skillet92

Well Driver I have run my own auto repair shop for years and I can honestly say that you are not the type customer that any buisness needs!! You order on a Saturday and complain that you don't get in touch with the man on a Sunday and don't get a tracking number on Monday. If you expect that I am surprised that you even enjoy this hobby. I have ordered one pair of retracts from Lado and they are WELL worth the wait!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
skillet92

Although I will say that, yes he should have got in touch with you on monday, but so far this forum seems to be of the mind that he is slow at that. So a little patience was in order if you choose to order from him.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
rodneygt

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

You guys really don't get it. How big are your brains? It's not my wait time on the retracts that was the problem, it's not being able to get in touch with anyone at LADO. If Doug would have returned one of my calls I would have been fine, I would have felt more comfortable about my purchase had I talked to someone. . . .
So you needed to be comforted that you didn't make a mistake... I understand that ... but only after I had waited on my order for an actual long time. Your initial postings in this thread were unjustified irrational emotional outbursts. I tell you what, let's suppose your feeling a little tentative about the purchase of a new Chevrolet. I'm guessing that when you call GM, your not going to get to talk to the CEO. Since you obviously are not but should be, I'll be embarrassed for your postings on your behalf.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
chuck993

Trying to talk reason in this thread is useless, they are are Doug groupies or brain washed or a little slow. I had an issue and he wouldn't call me back or return emails for a couple of days after I ordered because my buddy told me the retracts were not in stock and that I must have ordered the wrong ones. All I wanted was someone to verify for me that the items I paid for were in stock and not the incorrect retracts, so Doug canceled my order because I ticked him off and he is an arse.

Notice:
Do you want me to cancel you order?
in above statement, that is a threat I'm sure.

Like I said he can get away with it because of the zealots in this thread, it is nuts, most people wouldn't pay for any other item shown in stock on a website and then wait for months for it to show up and be afraid to ask the business you bought this item from because he (Doug) might have a tantrum and cancel your order.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Unfortunately Doug's prospective customer base are some of the most anal retentive people on the planet.... RC Airplane builders, myself included. My wife laughs at me for even hanging a picture or a shelf for her in the house... it has to be perfect in my mind. If it's not I'll see the imperfection every stinking time I walk past it for as long as it's hanging there. I've read posts where the poster will want one thing...but can't justify the cost or afford it. Take Glennis Wheels as a perfect example, awesome scale wheels and a price tag to match. But the argument has always been "If you've spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars perfecting your airframe, why would you skimp on something like the wheels?, Yes they cost more, they are also worth it".

I see the LADO's the exact same way, except replace exhorbitant cost with wait time. If I spend hundreds of hours building and finishing my airframe I don't mind one bit waiting on the LADO's. I waited 5 months for my 60-2T's and am extremely happy I waited for them. All of my birds for the foreseeable future will get LADO's, if I have to wait, so be it. I'd prefer to wait on a superior product.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed my order today at 11:03 AM and it is now 11:19 and they have not been delivered yet. I wonder whats taking so long?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,

Will your 630M actuators work on the Robart 635 mains (the low profile ones)?

If so any guess at lead time?

Thanks,

Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 PM
lado-tech

Matt,

They should fit, but I have not installed them my self or heard of any one installing them into the 635s. The OEM actuator is about .125" (1/8") taller then the air cyclinder. If you want to try it and it doesn't work, I will allow you to return it for a refund. I would like to know if they fit for sure or not. I am 80% sure they would fit though.

Lead time - I moved my last CNC mill to the new location yesterday and should have it up and running this week. Once I do I will run more of these and get them built. That should take about a week. Email me in a week and I can give you a better idea on lead time.

Doug - LADO Tech
Old 10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Doug,
Just thought you might like this.
In the SAMs warbird racing a couple weekends ago I lost my 190 in a NASTY headon collision.
The closure speed had to be in the 280 mph range.
The collision deposited a wing tip weight from the other plane into my fuel tank and a heavy part of the other plane struck my left wing directly in front of my left main gear mount point. Right where my left LADO is installed. The plane lost its engine as a result of the mid air and the airframe came to rest right side up.
When I got it back to the pits the LADO's BOTH worked as if nothing had happened!
Hows that for "destructive testing" ??!
Nice job on these units Doug! Hang in there.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pay with PayPal!!!

If you don't like the wait, get your money back using PayPal!!!

[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Now, can we have more constructive input?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I'd report re Lados instead of whinning about wait time. I finally got Lado 60-2 gear in for my P-36 project, but that plane had long since been equipped with CJ retracts. I had a VQ P-40 which needed retracts but these didn't fit. Since I had to redo the gear mounts anyway, I relocated them to more scale position. VQ has gear too far out on the wing. Note when the instructions say be careful with the lock tight they arn't kidding. I was not careful enough and some got in the rotating part of the gear mechinism and that gear locked up because to the close tolerances. I had to take the gear apart to clean it out. I was impressed with the quality I found inside. After that they worked great. Installed Robart struts and 3.5 inch Robart wheels. Test flew the plane with good landing. No problems with the gear. Then on second flight, the engine quit at about 10-15 ft off the runway (too lean). I landed straight ahead but hit hard and bent the wire connecting the Robart struts to the retracts. Bent back about 30 degrees. Took home, removed struts and straightened the wire and reassembled. There was no damage to the Lado retracts, except they have just a little slop in them now, but still less than the CJs. I have about 10 more flights on the plane and the gear is holding up. We have a grass runway which is not as smooth as I would like. Some landings were good, the rest just ok, and a few bouncy but no problems with the gear. Here are pictures of the plane. I'd order Lados again if I knew what plane I was going to get in about six months.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82712.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1290300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41519.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1290301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83491.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1290302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66475.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1290303  
Old 10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Doug, when do you plan to have the 60-5 retracts in stock?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RBean

Thought I'd report re Lados instead of whinning about wait time.
Thanks RBean!
Is the slop in the trunion wire hole? I've had my 2T's apart and they disassemble really easy, making them easy to repair.

Try the Robart tire inserts. It'll take out most of the bounce.

Bob
Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
matthew__ruane

EMB145Driver
This guy is rediculous.

jbdismukes
This guy is win. Keep being awesome.

Doug seems like a nice guy from one I've heard, but I totally side with all the guys waiting so long to get their retracts. I'm sure any upstart company producing an item that suddenly is in such high demand is going to run into such issues; however peoples orders getting dropped, them sending e-mail after ignored email should have been fixed a long time ago in my opinion.

And in case that Driver dude replies, I'm only fifteen and don't even fly planes, but I do believe i am entitled to my own opinions.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
wowplanes

I ordered a set of retracts form Lado-Tech in June 2009. I recieved them and one retract simply did not work. I contacted Doug and he offered to replace the set, saying that they have had some problems because they recently outsourced some of the production.

The replacement set arrived and worked, but one of the units stopped working after about 20 cycles. I contacted Doug and he again offered to have them replaced saying that he is shipping hundreds of units a week and I am the only one in the world having these problems.

The third set arrived and one of the units worked for about 10 cycles on the bench and failed. I contacted Doug again, and once he offered to replace them and said that he is shipping hundreds of units a week and I am the only one in the world having these problems.

This time he did not ship the replacement. I have sent numerous emails and left numerous voicemails, but to no avail. There is no response to any. Finally in disgust, I have emailed him to keep the units and just refund my money. No response again.

My question is, has anybody had problems with their retracts not working out-the-box or stop working after a few cycles?

I can't believe that I am the only one in the whole wide world out of the hundreds of units he is shipping every week, who has recieved 3 defective units in a row.

Fahim
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: wowplanes

I ordered a set of retracts form Lado-Tech in June 2009. I recieved them and one retract simply did not work. I contacted Doug and he offered to replace the set, saying that they have had some problems because they recently outsourced some of the production.

The replacement set arrived and worked, but one of the units stopped working after about 20 cycles. I contacted Doug and he again offered to have them replaced saying that he is shipping hundreds of units a week and I am the only one in the world having these problems.

The third set arrived and one of the units worked for about 10 cycles on the bench and failed. I contacted Doug again, and once he offered to replace them and said that he is shipping hundreds of units a week and I am the only one in the world having these problems.

This time he did not ship the replacement. I have sent numerous emails and left numerous voicemails, but to no avail. There is no response to any. Finally in disgust, I have emailed him to keep the units and just refund my money. No response again.

My question is, has anybody had problems with their retracts not working out-the-box or stop working after a few cycles?

I can't believe that I am the only one in the whole wide world out of the hundreds of units he is shipping every week, who has recieved 3 defective units in a row.

Fahim
i may be wrong ..... but i think you are the only one to complain of defective gear besides a single "unresolved" who never responded to Doug .

are you sure it's not a voltage problem , and why is this your first post ????

regards

Dan
Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

I have had them in two planes all season about 6 months now and maybe 100 or so flights between both of them and not a single glitch or even a hicup from either set , to be honest the statement made by Doug is a true one , you look into this thread and you are probably the only one to have stated having a problem with the product itself , you are of the few and not the many and I am sorry you have had such a problem its a shame because it really is a great retract , Best of luck to you
Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
wowplanes

ORIGINAL: DanMacMurray

ORIGINAL: wowplanes

Fahim
i may be wrong ..... but i think you are the only one to complain of defective gear besides a single ''unresolved'' who never responded to Doug .

are you sure it's not a voltage problem , and why is this your first post ????

regards

Dan
Dan
My first post because I dont like to complain in public as long as the seller is working with me. I understand what it takes to launch a new product, being in the business myself. Now with no response from Doug, I wanted to know the experiences-at-large.

What is meant by voltage problem? Can you elaborate? The model is powered thru a BEC supplying 3A at 5V and 6V. I have tried both settings.
Fahim
Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 PM
wowplanes

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

I have had them in two planes all season about 6 months now and maybe 100 or so flights between both of them and not a single glitch or even a hicup from either set , to be honest the statement made by Doug is a true one , you look into this thread and you are probably the only one to have stated having a problem with the product itself , you are of the few and not the many and I am sorry you have had such a problem its a shame because it really is a great retract , Best of luck to you
I am actually happy to hear that I am the only one having these problems. It should be very easy for Doug to satisfy one unhappy customer vs. several hundreds. Even though this will be my 4th replacement set, (if it ever arrives), I am still willing to give them a fair chance.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
rodneygt

wowplanes,

I think that Doug had a brief time where he had received some bad motors but if you ordered them in June 09, yours should have been after that date but I could be wrong. However, he mentioned it to me in July during a call about mine - and my understanding of the conversation was that the bad motors was something that had happened in the past and been remedied.

Now what often happens and what happened to mine, if they are rotators like the 60-2s, you accidentally get a tiny drop of lock-tite where the retract rotates (not the gears). You have to take it apart and clean it out - really easy. It only takes a minuscule amount of lock-tite to mess them up. I thought I had a screwy retract and Doug sent me a new one - but before I installed it, I figured out what the prob was, cleaned it and sent the replacement back. RBean mentions the same thing happening to him in post 514.

Doug should have checked the ones you sent back and know what the prob was. I hope he contacts you and lets you know and replaces your product.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phatbob02,

The slop is between the cogs that do the rotating and the side plates. Its really not much, just more than before my engine out landing. I'm happy with the gear. My crash landing would have torn up most retracts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.