Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

ORIGINAL: Michael211

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

The solution to this problem is to not order products from sketchy vendors. I know it is an attractive product but this is just too common in this industry. It seems us modelers have to have the latest and greatest right now. If Lado had no orders or even prospective orders, that would send the real message. But pilots continue to send him money and get nothing back. Since we have these threads to learn from others mis fortune maybe that is what we should do and not place orders from them.
And who would you suggest we order equivelant gear from then? The problem is that there is nobody else manufacturing this type of product that competes against LADO-Tech so it's the LADO gear or plain mechanical retracts (cheap and typically not very sturdy) or air retracts (expensive and requires alot of extra stuff like air tank and air pump and valves etc.).

Nobody else I know of is making a competing product to the LADO gear... if well managed, LADO-Tech should dominate the market in these kinds of self-contained electric retracts and would have buyers lining up for their product in droves. But apparently poor management is giving the company, if not the actual product, a terrible reputation.

My Christmas wish at this point would be that Doug would sell LADA-Tech to somebody who could and would run things properly. He's got a great product on his hands, but he doesn't appear able to manage the company right. As he once posted on here, he's good at engineering retractable landing gear... but a good engineer does not make for a competent business owner, evidentally.

idk.

- Michael
Of course that is the case. The same thing happened with the 2.4 scramble when it came out. ( remember Xtreme link?)) It seems that now you guys have been exposed to this type of retract, and gotten very excited about it, you are willing to suffer more than is reasonable.
Continue to place orders with him, but do not turn around and complain when nothing is delivered. I would look at other options until this technology is picked up by a reputable manufacturer.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:12 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My guess is that there are companies out there working on this technology as we type. It is a very desirable option as has been discussed, and I find it hard to believe that it would go unnoticed by reputable manufacturers. In fact, I don't see why a company like Robart wouldn't pursue it. They are in a perfect position to cash in on something like this, it would seem to me.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was just reading the review on the h9 p51 blue nose, the retract setup for it looks very interesting, servo mounts on the side of the retract, just wondering what kind of servo you'd use. they kind of look like maybe a primative lado?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgm762

i was just reading the review on the h9 p51 blue nose, the retract setup for it looks very interesting, servo mounts on the side of the retract, just wondering what kind of servo you'd use. they kind of look like maybe a primative lado?
You use regular retract servos on those. The Lados use a totally different actuator, it's inline like a pneumatic actuator would be.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 PM
forestroke

Doug - I think you still need to take some time to respond to your detractors. Look at Andrew from KMP. He also sells through other channels but maintains a very good relationship with his fans and haters here on RCU. Ultimately, I hope that you'll find out that Horizon (or any large retailer) will only give you as little feedback as possible. This forum will still be the best source of issues and concerns.

On a more positive note, I got my retracts and so far they are great. Yes it took 8-9 months to get but given the startup, we all waited. Now that Lado is becoming more mainstream, they can no longer expect customers to wait indefinitely for product and servce.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 PM
yukonpete

Like I said.
DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!! DOUG IS A THIEF!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
yukonpete

And I have asked for a refund via email and Phone more then once! Still nothing! Doug is a thief!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Dan M

Pete

how cold is it up there in that frozen French toilet you call home ?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
yukonpete

French toilet? Grow up fool! I live here by choice! It's a beautiful part of the world!
Dan why do you attack the ripped of customers? Are you related to Doug at all?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:09 AM
yukonpete

Dan I gave doug my money in good faith! His website said IN STOCK. Now help me out if I am wrong. But in stock means its ready to ship does it not? Not months down the road. Whats your definition of IN STOCK. And when should we get upset about our money and order?

So Dan please stop being a 5 year old child!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 AM
gibbo12

60-1 Electric Retract 85' (Narrow) PAIR
60-1 Retracts are all metal high quality retract with our electric retract drive built into the retract. The 60-1 is a drop in replacement for Hangar 9 P-51, P-47 .60 size planes and similar. With scale retract speeds, ease of use and high quality this is best retract on the market!

Guaranteed to ship in 7 days! or $50 Back!

60-1 Accept Strut Size: Please Select...5/32" 3/16"

Price: $169.99
Out of Stock

As posted 889 they was advertised in stock when I ordered 16th October
I paid with paypal instantly
still no reply from my emails or phone calls
still no refund from lado or paypal ( thought I was protected ?)
still no retracts
WHY
I think yukon Pete is right
Old 12-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

I think you guys who got ripped off need to make a trip to California, find Doug, and feed him a knuckle sandwich! The guy is obviously a scamming ripoff thief! What kind of a chickensh*t collects people's money that they send in good faith, and then disappears from the radar without sending them what they paid for? All you guys who are defending this character need to realize it could have been you who got ripped off instead of getting what you paid for.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Larry3215
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Dan M

Pete

how cold is it up there in that frozen French toilet you call home ?
You amaze me. How anyone could still be defending Doug is beyond me but to make things even worse you continue to stoop to name calling and personal attacks.

By anyones definition Doug is indeed a thief. On top of that even his most loyal supporters have to finally be starting to understand that Doug is also a pathological liar.

He has not kept one single public promise
he has made on any of the public boards in well over 3 years that I have been following this.

He has lied to most of the guys posting on here almost every time he has bothered to respond to them.

In my case, he lied to me every single time we spoke on the phone and in every single e-mail I got from him.

Every single time.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
ZERO-322

Larry check out the other lado thread on here and you'll see that you are mistaken according to that 51% would do business with him again 50 %percent is not something to jump up and down about, but your statement that is has lied and basically treated everyone wrongly is incorrect the data shows it. I'm not defending anyone just merly stating facts as i have seen them
Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 PM
ZERO-322

Oh and please take the liberty of voting your opinion, in the same thread I am offering gas money and lunch on me for anyone in the area to go by and get us some real answers on quite a few issues, but please don't go punching anyone

thanks
mike
Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
TimJ

49% unhappy customers equals to a company that will not last long. All Doug needs to do is keep in communication with his customers explaining what is happening with production. That way people do not feel like they have been ripped off.

I work within the hobby industry, and know what it takes to get product to market. IT DOES NOT TAKE 7 MONTHS for a SMALL company to get something to market.
Now unless he has out sourced to someone, then I can understand. There are production schedules, which are usually redefined every six months or so, depending on who you go to.

The key here is Doug needs to stay in communication with his customers. Customers need to be polite and calm when communicating with Doug. The pitch fork and torch mentality will only send Doug running to hide.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Larry3215

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

Larry check out the other lado thread on here and you'll see that you are mistaken according to that 51% would do business with him again 50 %percent is not something to jump up and down about, but your statement that is has lied and basically treated everyone wrongly is incorrect the data shows it. I'm not defending anyone just merly stating facts as i have seen them

Go back through that poll thread and look at the guys who said they would buy again. Then look at the same guys and see how many have already mentioned, there or in other threads, that Doug had lied to them. Promised in stock but had to wait 3 months, 9 months etc.

They just didnt care that they had been lied to.

Doesnt change the fact that, way more often than not, if Doug says something - anything - its a lie.

Like I said, in my case, in 7 or 8 e-mails in a row and probably 6 or 7 phone calls in a row, he lied to my face.

Every single time he had any contact with me, he lied.

Thats 100%.

For every guy who has posted in this thread, or any of the others, that didnt recieve thier order on time - thats a lie. How many guys like Yukonpete have also been lied to - every single time they got any contact from Doug.

How many of the guys who were strong supporters of Doug have said something like "I spoke to Doug several times over the last few months and I finally got my order." How many lies was that?

Of those that did finally receive their orders - after complaining on here - how many times were they lied to first?

My statements stand.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Larry3215

ORIGINAL: TimJ

49% unhappy customers equals to a company that will not last long. All Doug needs to do is keep in communication with his customers explaining what is happening with production. That way people do not feel like they have been ripped off.

I work within the hobby industry, and know what it takes to get product to market. IT DOES NOT TAKE 7 MONTHS for a SMALL company to get something to market.
Now unless he has out sourced to someone, then I can understand. There are production schedules, which are usually redefined every six months or so, depending on who you go to.

The key here is Doug needs to stay in communication with his customers. Customers need to be polite and calm when communicating with Doug. The pitch fork and torch mentality will only send Doug running to hide.
Tim, I tend to agree with you about the "pitch fork and torch" thing but you are talking like this is a new and or temporary thing with Doug.

This exact same thing has been going on since he opened his doors. This isnt some new or temporary thing. It isnt going to be fixed by a new lathe or a new receptionist or and e-mail answering person or a new business plan.

This is how Doug operates. Its how he has always operated - for years now.

The only way many people have been able to get orders delivered is AFTER complaining loudly and repeatedly on here or on other forums.

The nice guys get nothing from Doug.

I was patient. I was nice. I was polite. Sfter lie number 5 or 6 in a row I started getting a little peaved. After number 10 or 11 I was pretty ticked off.

Even after I got on here and posted some heated remarks he continued to lie to me. That got me really really pissed off.

It wasnt untill then that he actually sent me my retracts - not made how I ordered - but I wasnt about to go back into the morass of lies again.

Nice guys finish waaaaaaay in last place with Doug.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
TimJ

Sounds like it is time for me to get my Lawyer on the case......

I did not know Doug has operated like this for years.....More people need to know how he operates so they don't fall into this trap. I was told by someone before I ordered I would have to wait at least 3 months.....That is not a problem for me, but the non communication, and repeated lies, and now I see there are many many people mad, not angry, but mad..........lol
Old 12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
TimJ

BIGHOG CAN YOU CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO LADO-TECH ***WARNING***?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
gibbo12

ORIGINAL: TimJ

BIGHOG CAN YOU CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD TO LADO-TECH ***WARNING***?
2"nd that in RED
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08 PM
forestroke

Doug, I see that you've just recovered from illness. I hope it's not the business that's taking it's toll. As I mentioned a year ago, if you need help on outsourcing, I'm sure I can find a good partner.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
yukonpete

I think his claim of being sick was all BS!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Dan M

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

of course you do .

have you considered a testicular alteration to end any further degradation of the human gene pool ?

i would donate if you lack the funding to proceed .

Merry Christmas
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: Dan M

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

of course you do .

have you considered a testicular alteration to end any further degradation of the human gene pool ?

i would donate if you lack the funding to proceed .

Merry Christmas

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.