Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Meister 1/5 scale P-47

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Meister 1/5 scale P-47

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 05:21 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is so awesome! I think I will be going with the dle 120 4 cylinder. It's rated at 12hp, but like all dle engines they just rate hp @ 10% of displacement. I want weight and power up front. I doubt it will swing a 4 blade large enough to look good, so probably just a Mejzlik 2 blade. I want performance in the loop and some speed, not a bullet.

Does the fiberglass fuse save that much time? I see they typically come in heavier than the wood built planes, but still fly well. I will be buying the dvd meister sells and continue to look at plans to get my head wrapped around all of it. I haven't built a kit, but I have enough resources to help when I have questions. I will build this after my Hangar 9 Corsair and my Top Flite P-51 that I am modifying. I will really get my feet wet with the P-51B conversion from Spychalla. New seamless cowl, Razorback Mod, wing mod, landing light, radiator scoop outlet and scale cockpit will be the highlights of that build. Basically cut the plane in half and start over. My buddy Wyoturbine did this mod and it worked out great. We are both out of room in our shops so we need to slow down production!
Old 01-05-2021, 06:25 AM
jeff naul
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the glass fuse is unavailable right now, hopefully they will be by time your ready. Yes they save a ton of work. I actually built the wood plug for the 1/4 scale fuse mold. Right now I'm finishing up a 1/4 scale T33 jet and the sanding has been brutal... another thing guys forget to factor in when building wood fuses is the amount of finishing material, glass, resin, primer, filler, more filler , more primer and more filler...lol...not to mention good sandpaper...since you mentioned P51, I'm scratch building a 45% P51B too. Hope to have the wings finished this winter. Here is a pic of us rolling on the primer a few days ago.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:13 AM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed as soon as I started researching that all the fiberglass parts were not available as well as the fuselages. Does anyone have any idea when they will be available or have a price list?

I hope everything is ok in meister land. Sounds like counterfeiters are b*st*rdizing his product. I hope it’s just a waiting game for now.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:19 AM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice s8z t33 whos plans for it...As for the p47 stuff the best thing would be to call them about availability or email