Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Spitfire Issues from Troy Built Models!-Kudos!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire Issues from Troy Built Models!-Kudos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spitfire Issues from Troy Built Models!-Kudos!!!

About ten days ago I ordered an ESM Spitfire from Troy Built Models. Upon delivery the boxes showed no exterior damage aside from a little accordian compression on one end. When I opened the main box I found that the firewall had been sorta smashed in and there was breakthrough in the FRP. The plastic wing radiators were cracked as well.I read on TBM's site that if you decide to keep the plane and effect the repairs yourself they might be inclined to give you a store credit. I took pics of the damage and sent it to TBM and their CSR "Anthony" called me. To make a long story short, he arranged for a $50 credit that I will be applying against the Lavochkin LA-7 when it comes in. This entire process was handled by Anthony in a very professional and expedient manner. Kudos are in order for Anthony and TBM. Thanks for being there! Just thought I should say something nice about a company that evidently stands behind the products they sell!

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Issues from Troy Built Models!-Kudos!!!

Not an issue with TBM I imagine but what's the deal with packing an airplane that has that sort of damage? Not sure I would want to be affilliated with a supplyer who would do that.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Gents,,,, we all know those items can crack or break in transit from SHOCK ...being dropped , mishandled etc...

You guys.... really??

LOOPMAN,,, thanks for the report....looking forward to seeing her all put together...

Are you planning any custom paint, graphics etc???????

don't miss out on a FREE SBD....

www.warbirdradio.com

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"

www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Nemesis4U,
Thanks for the heads up on "Warbird Radio", very cool! I will probably add the wing cannons and guns but I've never done panel lines, do you or anyone have any thoughts on the best way to do them? The markings as they are from the box are very good so I probably won't try to improve on those. The kit calls for a 1.20 four stroke but I have a Saito 1.80 that's looking for a home so that is what's going up front. The retracts will be the ESM's made for the kit but the foam wheels will have to be replaced.
Happy Flying!

Loopman [8D]
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 AM
nemesis4u

LOOPMAN...

GOOD LUCK in winning that SBD... I leave WARBIRD RADIO on now... better than the TV......

there is a cool how to weather a model... actually how to weather a KMP/ESM SPITFIRE done by RICH URAVITCH in the last issue of Model Airplane News.. if you can pick up that issue you will see just how to weather and panel line your SPITFIRE!

or you can find the article at : www.modelairplanenews.com if you have a subscription you can log in and probably find it there...

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 AM
nemesis4u

Loopman,

Here is another helpful link..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#4116747

Hope this helps...

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]
Old 10-20-2009, 11:35 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On the other hand, here is how my ESM Spitfire arrived from TBM and I had no internal damage at all. When I saw the outside of the box I started documenting opening the box as I was sure I was going to have internal damage. Right behind that large hole was the wing and there wasn't a mark on it. I now know you can't judge a box by its cover!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26993.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1298678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99817.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1298679