Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Bob Holman/Denis Bryant ME163

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Bob Holman/Denis Bryant ME163

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:28 AM
tich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Holman/Denis Bryant ME163

Hi Guys I was wondering if anyone has built one of the Denis Bryant ME 163 semi kits by bob Holman. If so I have a question . How did you mount the wings. I have a Similar kit with a foam wings and epoxy fuselage and am undecided about the best way of mounting the wings. I have several options such as Fitting wooden spars and then proceeding with the Denis bryant scheme. The other options involve detachable wings with tubular or rectangular spars joining in the fuselage. Any feedback would be welcome and pictures of how you did it would be a real bonus
Cheers
Old 10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Bob Holman/Denis Bryant ME163

I had the built up wings on mine. The wings are permaneantly attached to the fuse and if I remember correctly, the spar is run thru the fuse. Sorry I cant recall or see everything right now, I am at work. There are a few pics of it in my gallery.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bob Holman/Denis Bryant ME163

I built the Bryant Me 163 a LONG time ago. The fuses were nice.

I got the foam wings for mine. What I did was made a rectangular spar box in the fuse and used hardwood spars in each wing that ran for a good 6" into the foam cores and served as a spine for the thin plywood spars I used for the foam wings.