Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

kmp paint

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
pencon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kmp paint

Hi Folks , I'm rebuilding a crashed (friend's)KMP hurricane and I'm wondering if anyone here know's what kind of primer and paint would match or be compatible with the stock paint job? I was thinking humrol or testors enamel for the paint match as they have the british warbird colours , and then fuel proof with satin Urethane . Opinions? (I'm a painting rookie )
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM
alanc

Default RE: kmp paint

paint is 2pack, anything will adhere to it, enamal is good, but watch the weight, its heavy stuff!!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM
pencon

So just automotive primer then ? Alanc would you know the paint codes with testors or Humbrol for the Hurricane?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pencon , any good hardware store can virtaully computer match the paint , even Walmart
Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
jmohn

The underside paint color is not anythign I have been able to match with Testors or Model masters. It's a blue grey color. I had to mix colors to get a good match.

Jeff
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
alanc

the colours do actually vary from batch to batch, just take along a component, and most paint shops will match it, i have just done this with our new stuka, i broke the canopy, new one wasnt painted, cost me £4 but if its a total re-paint, then the humbrol colours are very very good, and cover easy, being matt, i am about to play with warbirds paints, the use of water as a thinning and cleaning agent appeals to me
Old 10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
ProScaleRc

Tamiya paint is a dead match for KMP planes. As it's a water-based acrylic, you will have to finish with a coat of matt clear LustreKote to make it fuel proof.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 AM
kinverflyer

Contact Klass Kote http://www.klasskote.com/ they are currently putting together a range of paints to suit the ESM (KMP) aircraft. The paint is a two part epoxy and works very well.