RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/10576473-carf-f4u-1-corsair-build-thread.html)

ram3500-RCU 06-18-2013 07:03 PM

RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

ORIGINAL: wphilb

Gary,

i would like three please.

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

What is the hinge material? G10?<div> </div><div>Whit</div>
Something like that. They are strong.

BTW Whit, the shipment of gun port fairings came today. You wanted two sets?

OK. Can you PM me with your pay pal? I'll send you a request.

Good news is, we put the micrometer to them, and we indeed receive several sets that are .015 material. I think they will work just fine for you. Do you want the housings we made for them for the lights as well, or just the fairings?

wphilb 06-19-2013 03:44 AM

Gary,<div>
</div><div>Will do when I get back home, just three sets of the outer fairings please.</div><div>
</div><div>Whit</div>

ram3500-RCU 06-19-2013 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: stivvy

What is the hinge material? G10?<div>
</div><div>Whit</div>
Something like that. They are strong.

BTW Whit, the shipment of gun port fairings came today. You wanted two sets?
Hi Gary,

Are you ok to ship a set of gun port fairings to me in the UK ?

(Also the exhaust shrouds).

Cheers

Steve D
Yes, PM sent Steve.

ram3500-RCU 06-19-2013 05:02 AM

Gary,<div>
</div><div>Will do when I get back home, just three sets of the outer fairings please.</div><div>
</div><div>Whit</div>
OK.

ram3500-RCU 06-19-2013 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting a new pilot installed in our 14ft Decathlon. Fuselage is 10 feet long. Relaxing flying in between warbird sorties.:D

ReneAlv 06-21-2013 04:22 AM

Gary,

I am in the process of building a Meister Corsair and would like to purchase a set of gun port fairings. Could you email me with the price and the best way for payment. [email protected]

Thanks,

Rene

ram3500-RCU 06-21-2013 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: ReneAlv

Gary,

I am in the process of building a Meister Corsair and would like to purchase a set of gun port fairings. Could you email me with the price and the best way for payment. [email protected]

Thanks,

Rene
Yes Rene. I'll get that email out this evening.

ram3500-RCU 06-21-2013 08:31 PM

We are asking $10 a set for the gun port wing fairings. They are marked left and right with arrows to point to the respective wing tips. The outline of the cut-outs is also marked for you.

I can ship them anywhere in the US for $5.80. Total, $15.80 for US builders. Shipping varies for the rest of the world, but I will send them anywhere. CARF simply does not provide anything like this for their Corsair. Neither does Meister. I'm confident they will work just fine for either plane.

We will be happy to make these available to builders who just want the fairings.

For another $20, we can include the barrels, for those who want to do their own lights, or you could install your own barrels instead of lights.

If you want the whole gun system, these fairings are included, as well as the custom 'barrels' to receive the LEDs.

zelayaroberto 06-21-2013 11:33 PM

Dear Gary, I sent you a PM about a list of all the accesories you have for the CARF Corsair. Hope you are fine. Thanks

Roberto

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: zelayaroberto

Dear Gary, I sent you a PM about a list of all the accesories you have for the CARF Corsair. Hope you are fine. Thanks

Roberto

Yes, thanks Roberto. I replied but did it through my email. Hope you received it. If not, here it is again.

- scale lighting system
- scale stainless steel exhaust with shrouds
- scale gun system with sound and lights
- scale operational cowl flap kit with cowl divider (separates the cowl in two, so you can service the Moki without pulling the prop)
- hatch kits for the top of the fuselage, and the bottom of the wing
- scale wing intakes (a must for the gun system as it lets the gun sound out the front)
- scale aluminum instrument panel with aluminum bezels and simulated gauges
- stainless steel engine stand-offs for the Moki 215 and 250 radials in the correct lengths for proper engine thrust angles per CARF
- sliding canopy kit

I also recommend the Down & Locked electric gear and wing conversions.

More may come later, like the tail hook, the hinge covers, boost tabs, and more cockpit details.

Let me know what you are interested in and I will get you some additional details with currant pricing.

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 09:51 AM

Also Roberto, here is my response to your inquiry about my little 2yr old would be aviator grandson. You may not have gotten this either.

Hello Roberto. Good to here from you again. My grandson is doing better. He has
gotten two more treatments of something they give him through an I.V. to increase his
bone density. Forget the name of the stuff. Both operations to install the rods in his
femurs went well. He is doing water therapy and they have him walking with help on tiny
parallel bars. He has not had any breaks for about a month. We took him to see Fi Fi, the
only flying B29. It was on display in Akron this week. He went nuts over it and the other
old planes on display. He wanted to 'fry it':D. The little guy really loves airplanes.
Thanks for asking.

cheers,
Gary

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The unit I use for the engine. It has switches for the fuel pump and ignition, as well as a giant scale fuel dot for fueling.

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the electric fuel pump as it comes to you. A must for the Moki engines IMO.

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of the new ignition processor for the Moki engines. It is housed in a very heavy duty aluminum case with rubber shock mounts. Nice.

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another picture of the new and old units.

ram3500-RCU 06-22-2013 03:01 PM

I'll be installing this new ignition on both the Moki 215 in this currant Corsair build, and my personal Moki 150 that will be installed in our Meister P-47. Both will also be equipped with the fuel pump as well.

ram3500-RCU 06-23-2013 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple shots of the boards that go in the wing. We still use air for the main gear doors.

ram3500-RCU 06-23-2013 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Air tanks are in the back of the center section, embedded in low expanding spray foam.

ram3500-RCU 06-23-2013 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have gotten some calls about the wing fold system. Sounds like some binding may be an issue in some cases. This is the tool that Brian made to install the hinge units. It is very important to get the folding mechanism and the front hinge in perfect alignment as you glue them in, for smooth operation. This tool assures that.

lecorsair 06-23-2013 10:06 PM

Hello for RAM 3500-RCU
I have this new ignition in my MOKI 250 5 cylinders
what amperage for LIPO 2S?
1500-2000-2500-3000

ram3500-RCU 06-23-2013 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: lecorsair

Hello for RAM 3500-RCU
1500-2000-2500-3000
I'm going to use at least a 2C (7.4v) 2200 mah LiPo. Should run all day with no problems.

Greg Wright 06-24-2013 04:03 AM

ORIGINAL: lecorsair

Hello for RAM 3500-RCU
1500-2000-2500-3000
I'm going to use at least a 2C (7.4v) 2200 mah LiPo. Should run all day with no problems.
I just received a new Moki 250 with this ignition box and i am going to use atleast a 4400 mah lipo on it. It is going into my new Comp Arf p-47 bubble top when it arrives.

Greg Wright 06-24-2013 04:06 AM

Gary,

Im' just curious why you think that it is a must to put an electric fuel pump on the moki.I have been hearing different stories from a lot of people and i'm just looking for an opinion from you.

ram3500-RCU 06-24-2013 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg Wright

Gary,

Im' just curious why you think that it is a must to put an electric fuel pump on the moki.I have been hearing different stories from a lot of people and i'm just looking for an opinion from you.
OK, fair enough. Here is why I believe this. The internal pump on the Moki engine is marginal at best. Plus, it is vented with a line from the front housing, that is packed with lubricant. This lube eventually works it's way into this vent line and can block it, giving a marginal pump little chance to supply the engine. Now, a guy can keep an eye on this line and maybe head this off, or maybe not. Quite a risk with this caliber of aircraft. Add to that that with the pump, one can expect as much as a 300 RPM increase of cool power to the power range, due to the added fuel, and easier starts. All this adds up to an easy decision for me.

This opinion is shared by some of the most knowledgeable in the Moki use, who I very much respect, like Scott Prossen (the one who started the long running thread here on RCU regarding Moki care and maintenance), and Gotz Voglesang, who personally knows the Moki people, and is a dealer for the engine.

I know there are users here in the US who don't use the pump, Mike Barbee being one well known modeler who I can think of, but I view this as inexpensive insurance for my expensive aircraft. A dead stick is a very sad reason to loose a plane I have put so much time and $ into.

I want my aircraft to have the best chance I can give them mechanically, at least. My thumbs are another subject.:D

On the battery, yes, 2200 would be my minimum, and I may just go larger myself, if I have the space. I was using a 2200 on the engine that was in her, but this is a high energy ignition.

DrScoles 06-25-2013 12:46 PM

Gary, Corsair #2 is officially on the way. Only remotely good thing about this is that I get the plug in wings like I originally wanted. Troybuilt does not carry the electric pump for the moki, where did you order it from? 8 weeks at least before kit arrives.