Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

has anyone built

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

has anyone built

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:11 PM
spark6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone built

has anyone built an Arizona class bb from scratch? how hard is it?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Wreno

Default RE: has anyone built

No-one in our club has, as yet, but it should be not particularly harder than any other battleship (though the lines are not as clean and simple a some). If you want a running start, Swampworks has a fiberglass hull, deck, etc. in 1/144 scale.

Wreno
Old 11-25-2005, 10:54 PM
spark6

thanx man, but do you think it would be even possible with those funny shapes up front? don't get me wrong, i REALLY wanna build this sucker, but how long would you recon it takes me?
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Wreno

Depends - Swampy kit or not? Built for combat or not? Built to cruise or not? Fine detail or standoff scale? Lots of build time available, or catch as catch can? Lots of tools and space, or not? Experienced model builder or not? Each of these questions indicaqtes less or more time depending on the answer.

The first question is, are you wanting to build one to battle? Or just to sail? If just to sail, it would probably be easier/cheaper to get a relative large plastic kit and motorize it. If you are looking for a finescale model, but larger than available in plastic, there may be other choices. Regardless, ist is probably not a single weekend project.

Wreno
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 AM
spark6

thanx man, thats a big help! i hope i didn't sound too combatitive last night, it was late. so i guess i have to decide on a couple of things before i run off screamng build-time! hey, swampy is a good idea, i hadn't thought of that... geez, thanx again!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

There is someone building an Arizona from scratch,... I just wouldn't build one quite so big.
Scroll to the bottom of this page.
http://wmunderway.8m.com/gallery13/gallery13.htm

[link=http://www.loyalhannadockyard.com/]Loyalhannah Dockyard[/link] offers an Arizona hull if you don't want to combat and just build for scale. Of course you have to have some serious cash.(thats why I scratch build.)
http://www.loyalhannadockyard.com/ARIZONA.htm