Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

aeronaut bismarck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

aeronaut bismarck

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
theraven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeronaut bismarck

hi all
hope some kind person can help me out... i am after the plans (A4 SIZE) for the bismarck kit in english have tryed to vendor but to no avail any help greatly appreciated.. really stuck lads
many thx
Old 11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Wreno

Default RE: aeronaut bismarck

If it is a prefab/plastic kit, you can probably just follow the diagrams to figure it out. There are tons of warship plans vendors out there (several listed on the www.ntxbg.org web site and the Yahoo groups BigGunsModelWarship group/forum), but most are US. I seem to recall a very good warship i seem to recall that [link=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591140501/102-6818867-6110565?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591140501/102-6818867-6110565?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance[/link]

also has tons of info, drawings, etc.
I understand Aeronaut is done in German - you can use one of several web-based translation services, which are free, to figure out anything that is unclear (like alta Vista's Babelfish) - just type in the German, get English.

I am not sure of UK vendors, but mail does work if you want plans from US. My favorite plans for the Dunkerque are in Russian. Nice thing about plans, good plans rarely need much verbiage (picture worth a thousand words and all that).

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck on your build.

Wreno
Old 11-29-2005, 04:21 PM
theraven

hi wreno
thx for reply mate.. the aeronaut kit has a lot of wood which needs fitting and cutting to shape this is where my problem lies
thx again
theraven
Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

If it involves applying strip wood,...
by just working to the frames, you should come out with a pretty good shaped hull.
If superstructure parts are not pre cut, then almost any set of plans will give you a good idea on how to form the shapes.
What did you get in the kit box?[&:]