Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
 how do i get started >

how do i get started

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

how do i get started

Old 09-13-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i get started

how do i get started? i have money but i dont know where to start
Old 09-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Default RE: how do i get started

The first thing is to see what type of clubs are in your area. There are "Big gun" and "Fast gun" clubs. Big gun has slower speed, bigger ammo (usually ball bearings), and the balsa hull thickness varies based on the armor of the original ship. Fast gun clubs use only "BB" cannons, 1/32" thick balsa sides and are about twice the speed of the Big gun ships. That I know of fast gun is only 1/144 scale, but big gun can be 1/144, 1/96, or 1/72. Let us know what area your in and someone here can help direct your options. A couple of websites to look at are www.modelwarshipcombat.com , www.rcwarships.com, and you can link from these to many other sites. Welcome to the fun!!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:08 PM

I saw that your in California. Here are some contact websites: www.westernwarshipcombat.com and www.scrapcombatships.com
Western is Big gun and Scrap is a chaper of Model Warship Combat, Inc. (fast gun), also there is this one too. www.rcwarshipcombat.homestead.com Each website has contact info, so that should help you get started.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:11 PM

im in san franscico but im moving to sacramento
Old 09-14-2006, 07:53 AM

I believe Western Warship is having a battle this weekend. One of the best things you can do is contact them, attend a battle, and ask questions.

Welcome to the fray!

Wreno
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM

We are, indeed. Check out our [link=http://www.westernwarshipcombat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemi d=52]schedule page[/link] on our website: [link=http://www.westernwarshipcombat.com]www.westernwarshipcombat.com[/link]

Spectators welcomed!

Rob

ORIGINAL: Wreno

I believe Western Warship is having a battle this weekend. One of the best things you can do is contact them, attend a battle, and ask questions.

Welcome to the fray!

Wreno
Old 09-28-2006, 11:04 AM

From newbee to newbee, start with a mercant then a battleship, i have built a merchant and trying to build a heavy cruiser. The cruiser is not an easy type ship to build as the first combat ship due to the limited space. Merchant ships are fun and easy to build, there's nothing quite like a big battleship bearing down on your little merchant, kinda makes your A hole pucker up
Old 09-29-2006, 01:57 AM

We have one guy that built a Gearing destroyer for his first ship. On one battle, I heard that he wondered into the path of a triple turret from a North Carolina battleship. A triple at close range on a destroyer, just about flipped him over. Now, he's almost finished with a Scharnhorst Battlecruiser. I think he's looking for revenge. haha
Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 AM

Go the Sharnhorst, thats a nice ship. In our club we have a Bismark,sharnhorst,and almost a Prinz eugen.
when he saw that north carolina bearing down on him, it would have surely puckered up the A hole i bet

Revenge is sweet[sm=punching.gif]
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 AM

im looking into this also, is there any clubs in IL?