Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

cd 58 timing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Top Dog 76
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd 58 timing

Can you tell me the correct way to time the 58 engine. Note after surching other posts I found the answer to my concern.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cd 58 timing

Hi top dog

please find below, the retiming instuctions.

The engine is timed at top dead centre between the inlet and exhaust stroke. At this point in the cycle the cylinder port is exactly halfway between the exhaust and inlet. If the engine is assembled so that the piston is at top dead centre when the cylinder port is halfway between the exhaust and inlet, then it is timed correctly.

Take the cylinder jacket and rotate the cylinder until the cylinder port is equally visible in the exhaust and inlet ports. About 1/8 of the port should be visible in each. This will require a bright light shining directly down the inlet or exhaust port to be sure of the position of the port. Now insert two cocktail sticks (or similar suitable wooden or plastic implements) into the exposed segments of the port to lock the cylinder in position. The piston/ crankshaft assembly is then engaged into the cylinder making sure that the piston is at top dead centre position and the two gears are meshed. Place the bottom half of the crankcase in position and tighten the 6 screws.

When reassembling the exhaust, it may be necessary to use a small amount of silicon sealant to limit any leakage that might occur.

Best regards
Laurenne