Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

So who races their Aftershock 8e???

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

So who races their Aftershock 8e???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
All-or-Nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who races their Aftershock 8e???

I plan to race mine and I have some friends who actually race theirs and do really well. The truck drives really well out of the box so I just wonder why more people don't use it as their race truck.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:33 PM
JTuepker1

Default RE: So who races their Aftershock 8e???

I race my backdraft 8e have had a local track tell me i had to run a different class cause of the rear wing set up, then came to find out his son was racing that night also and didnt want his son to lose to a redcat vehicle.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Dragonii

And what did they say was the issue with the rear wing set up? It's a plastic wing, how does it differ from any other?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:25 PM
JTuepker1

cause part of the mount is below the top of the rear diff. With Roar the mount has to be attached to the shocktower only.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont have one(had a backdraft 3.5 last summer tho)
but my buddy is getting a new one this friday. im sure i will be helping him alot with it since he is a nitro newb!
breakin is tricky for 1st timers.
but i do recal the backdraft handled very well. id imagine that the aftershock will handle simillar, since the only major difference is the tires.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Dragonii

Yeah, that sounds like a bunch of BS.

Can someone explain how that effects the way the car runs around a track please?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
JTuepker1

i like the way my backdraft handles over my Ve8 Hot bodies buggy. Just put the new shocks on tonight and working on the shock towers now.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 AM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once Iput the traxxas Revo springs on, the car handles like a dream. If your track has lots of big jumps I would get the alloy shock towers, that's the only problem I've had with mine.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:53 AM
JTuepker1

ORIGINAL: Dragonii

Yeah, that sounds like a bunch of BS.

Can someone explain how that effects the way the car runs around a track please?
It doesnt, its just one of the rules. As they dont want you to have an unfair advantage. I dont see how the extra weight would be unfair unless you did it as a balancing thing.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM
JTuepker1

ORIGINAL: foxys

Once Iput the traxxas Revo springs on, the car handles like a dream. If your track has lots of big jumps I would get the alloy shock towers, that's the only problem I've had with mine.
found a place online that sells sheet carbon fiber in 5 mm thickness. 36 bucks shipped to my door and now just trying to figure out the amount of adjustments i want. As im combining the lower portion of the red cat with the top portion of a losi 8ight E as they have similiar starting points as the stock three red cats. but gives me the option of a few more adjustment spots for different tracks. As im going to spend some time traveling this summer and hoping to hit a race or 2 in another state.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
JTuepker1

Well removed the rear wing and cage today to play around with a new set up. Going to use a Ve8 wing mount on my custom tower. But ran into one problem.Had to order a front swaybar set for it to get the hold down piece. Why you ask, cause the rear cage also holds that in place. Will place it back on so i can play at the track tonight but will be switching over with more mods to come. Going to work on reducing the front and rear diffs for a lower cg, and also working on reducing the amount of plastic on the front upper and lower steering plate.

Got to love a shop that has all this in stock. Thank you Kurt for your online service. Makes having a Redcat Product a simple and easy task to get parts.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Well removed the rear wing and cage today to play around with a new set up. Going to use a Ve8 wing mount on my custom tower. But ran into one problem. Had to order a front swaybar set for it to get the hold down piece. Why you ask, cause the rear cage also holds that in place. Will place it back on so i can play at the track tonight but will be switching over with more mods to come. Going to work on reducing the front and rear diffs for a lower cg, and also working on reducing the amount of plastic on the front upper and lower steering plate.

Got to love a shop that has all this in stock. Thank you Kurt for your online service. Makes having a Redcat Product a simple and easy task to get parts.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Well removed the rear wing and cage today to play around with a new set up. Going to use a Ve8 wing mount on my custom tower. But ran into one problem.Had to order a front swaybar set for it to get the hold down piece. Why you ask, cause the rear cage also holds that in place. Will place it back on so i can play at the track tonight but will be switching over with more mods to come. Going to work on reducing the front and rear diffs for a lower cg, and also working on reducing the amount of plastic on the front upper and lower steering plate.

Let us know how it goes.

Me too and ++2 for Kurt.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
JTuepker1

Ive started the trimming and what not. Working on getting a mount plate for the shock towers as the 8e have the little plastic pieces that go over the diffs. Will work on that next and should be able to get some time in this week for a race thursdy at the indoor track.