Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

nitro fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro fuel?

hey guys i have maxy's pro racing fuel and im going to be running that through my shockwave. now when that runs out is it okay to go out and buy a different brand of fuel or do you need to stick to one brand? because im thinking of running thunder sport fuel next since my LHS has it there. is that okay or is it bad for the engine?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: nitro fuel?

its best to stick with the same brand. but yes, you can switch brands. just make sure you get one with the same nitro content, ie. 20% or 30% or whatever the % is that the maxy pro is.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Hack u 2

Nevrer an issue...you can change anytime. You will just need to retune every change because although nitro is same % the castor or sythetic oil ratio will be diiferent. Different companies like to use more or less of the other for desireed performance.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks i just needed to know since the maxy's racing fuel is $40 off ebay while i can go to my LHS and get the blue thunder sport one for $31.