Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM
travis3.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice needed

Back story: i was dirving my earthquake 3.5 miss judged the distance and ran into a pole. The parts I replaced are gas tank, all drivelines, front dif, transmission, and steel spurr. Before i replaced all this the car was unable to roll backwards and after replacing all this it now can. Is this normal? thats just a side problem the real problem is with it running. It idles and runs just fine smoking a lot like i want it to ( lots of open fields so lots of wot). Now as soon as you get wot it instantly dies. No bogging or anything just out right dies, leaned it out and then ist a no start. Checked the idle on the inside of the air filter and its 1mm open (as should be?). runs with lots of power and torque until wot. To the best i could i did research and checked piston sleve wear. glow plug out as piston makes its stoke ever so often resistance and a slight pop sound (like a wine bottle top but not as loud) so compression ok as far as i know from research. Is this another broken part that i missed or is this tuning issue.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: advice needed

id start with a fresh new glow plug.

Then id try to richen up the high speed some. It could be rich on the low end and still be lean on WOT if the high speed needle isnt open enough.

You should also check for any air leaks. Around the exhaust, muffler, any joints there.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
travis3.5

ok thanks. The medium glow plug that goes in this red cat is 70117m is that a redcat only or is it a pretty common plug?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: travis3.5

ok thanks. The medium glow plug that goes in this red cat is 70117m is that a redcat only or is it a pretty common plug?
take the plug with you to a hobby shop to confirm, but im pretty sure a OS #8 plug (short) will work. Im almost certain thats what my buddy had in his aftershock 3.5
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
travis3.5

new glow plug in took carb out and cleaned it put it all back togher not starting and as i pull start it i can see an air buble coming from carb back into the fuel line. time to get a new carb?