Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

A New Member with a new Redcat Lightning EPX Pro

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

A New Member with a new Redcat Lightning EPX Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 10:10 AM
RedSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A New Member with a new Redcat Lightning EPX Pro

Hi All,

I'm new here and just joined 5 mins ago. I took my new Redcat racing lightning EPX Pro 1/10 out for a spin today. The car is solid with ok speed. I would probably get the Arrma Infraction 6S if I can find a nice long quiet road to run it.

What is the first thing that you guys upgraded in your EPX pro? Is the Hexfly 5000mAh 3s Lipo battery worth the $63? Will it be a perfect fit to my car?

=13pxIs it a good idea to keep my lipo battery fully charged at all the time? So I can use it whenever I want to?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2020, 06:50 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

One of the best places, IMO, that will inform a person to the use of LiPo batteries....http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/understa...ipo-batteries/
RC Resources for the beginner [Read this first]
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Old 02-18-2020, 10:25 AM
RedSpeed

Thanks Rusty!

I haven't been able to find any foam tires for my car. Is foam tire an obsolete in this hobby? Those rubber tires have poor traction.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:03 AM
RustyUs

Check out Jaco tires for some possibilities. https://www.amainhobbies.com/jaco/b-mhz-17
Old 02-19-2020, 05:31 AM
RedSpeed

It's odd to see that Redcat doesn't provide specs of the wheels on my car. So I can use all type of 1/10th scale on road racing hex wheels? The wheels that you recommended to me are compatible with my car Rusty?

I'm also having difficulties finding a good durable body shell for my car. My daughter crashed the car into a wall at about 13 MPH. The nose of the boy shell completely destroyed. They seem to be cheaply made. I have been out of this hobby for 20 years, things have changed.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 PM
RustyUs

https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=touring+car+tires
Old 02-19-2020, 06:48 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RedSpeed
It's odd to see that Redcat doesn't provide specs of the wheels on my car. So I can use all type of 1/10th scale on road racing hex wheels? The wheels that you recommended to me are compatible with my car Rusty?

I'm also having difficulties finding a good durable body shell for my car. My daughter crashed the car into a wall at about 13 MPH. The nose of the boy shell completely destroyed. They seem to be cheaply made. I have been out of this hobby for 20 years, things have changed.
There are many brands of foam tires choose from when it comes to touring cars. I have to admit, my mind blanked out. In my mind, all I seen was Redcat, and EPX...I thought you had a Volcano EPX. That was the reason why I first suggested Jaco tires. As they are the only brand, for foam truck tires, that rings a bell to me.

I don't think you'll have a hard time with fitment.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:54 AM
RedSpeed

What is the specs of Redcat lightning EPX pro wheels? The user manual doesn't provide that information. The user manual only provides part number, so Redcat only want their customers to buy genuine Redcat parts for their cars.

Anyway those truck wheels that you provided the link for are also fit on my redcat lightning EPX?
Old 04-17-2020, 10:11 PM
bwells88

Originally Posted by RedSpeed
What is the specs of Redcat lightning EPX pro wheels? The user manual doesn't provide that information. The user manual only provides part number, so Redcat only want their customers to buy genuine Redcat parts for their cars.

Anyway those truck wheels that you provided the link for are also fit on my redcat lightning EPX?

As long as you get tired with the right hub size you should be ok.. 😊