Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Landslide xte stutters and shuts down

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Landslide xte stutters and shuts down

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 05:14 PM
landslide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landslide xte stutters and shuts down

Hi all. Hope someone can help me with this. So I bought a landslide xte and unboxed it. Installed batteries and linked the remote and calibrated the esc. Took it out and was getting used to it and it stopped moving suddenly after only 3 minutes of use. I turned it off and back on and it ran again but stuttered. hold the throttle and it would go, stop, go, stop and keep repeating this action. This is what I've done. I Tried rebinding the remote multiple times. I tried recalibrating the esc multiple times. I tried 3 different sets of battery packs. I shut off the low voltage cutoff just to make sure that was not the problem. I programmed the esc. I returned the esc to factory settings. I thought it was a faulty esc and installed a new one with the same results. I am running the factory sc8 esc and motor. So here is the weird part. The truck works fine driving in reverse. You can drive it in reverse for a half hour and it will be fine. No problems at all. As soon as you start going forward it jumps forward and stops jumps forward and stops. If you keep holding the throttle it will eventually shut down and do nothing. Solid red light on the esc. Both esc do the same thing. tried switching channels on the receiver and if you use the steering for throttle it does the same thing going forward. Switching two wires on the motor only reverses direction and makes the truck super powerfull in reverse. So what am I missing? Why does it only do it going forward? If the motor was defective from the factory wouldn't it do the same thing in reverse? I'm stumped. Anyone have an idea?
Old 08-27-2020, 06:45 PM
landslide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys I figured it out. Good tip to anyone who buys one. When they built the truck they didn't run the wiring for the steering servo in the proper location. It was pinched between the case and the front drive shaft. So after a few minutes of run time the front shaft rubbed through the wires and was shorting them on the shaft. Why steering still worked and reverse I have no idea. I unplugged the steering servo and truck runs fine in both directions. I'm going to repair the wiring and hope all is good or get a servo. Anyhow anyone buys one check your steering servo wiring before you run it!