Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
seanm729

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

what's up guy's[8D] remember that problem i was having with my bro's truck? (tires locking up) i have figured out that both the front and back tires are locking up, but if i hold the truck and spin just one front tire or one back tire, they don't lock up. does this mean that it's the transmission??? i don't realy know wat to take apart first. i just know that it's not the brakes because i tested them and they work fine. wat do yall think??
Old 08-11-2006, 07:40 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

hmmm.. i know someone will have a better answer but.. the drivetrain runs the axles and tires.. so why would the tranny make a difference it it was on the ground or not? I might be wrong here. but thats why we all help out.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 PM
entity
Banned

wait a minute.. batman.. lol. is the driveshafts moving freely when you spin the tires. cause those are going right to the tranny both front and rear.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Bananaboat

I would go for the central DIF... I don't think you need to take it apart tho... grab a flashlight, point it to the central diferential and try to turn the gears.... it theres something there you'll be able to see it !! if this is your problem ... you ought to see some scratches on them...

Good luck !

PM me with your MSN and I can probably help more...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 PM
entity
Banned

im thinking when you put the truck on the ground. it's now got weight which is binding somewere.. when you lift it it does not have weight.. push up both front and rear tires off the ground.. with your hands and try spinning them to see if it locks up.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Bananaboat

AND PLEASE POST SOMETHING !!!! we are getting anxious !!!! LOL
Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 PM
seanm729

if you spin just one tire at a time it will spin freely but if you try to turn both the front tires or both back tires at the same time they lock up
Old 08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
seanm729

i took a flashlight and looked in there and the gears look ok, no scraches or dirt or anything stuck in there.[sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
entity
Banned

there suppose to lock up there 4wd there turning in oppisite directions.. I bet it's in the tranny or.. take the wheels off. and then just put em on without the nuts and see what happens.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Bananaboat

I remember something else.... when I changes de trotle servo the screw was too long !!! it took me sometime to figure that out... it was locking up the rear dif... right above the end of the dogbone !! Did you change that ??

Regards,
Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 AM
naviuk

Hi

I had the same problem,
Do yourself a favour and take the motor out, then try push it and see, my problem was the motor was not sitting right and the mesh was too close, once i sorted that out, i didnt have the problem anymore.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

ORIGINAL: seanm729

what's up guy's[8D] remember that problem i was having with my bro's truck? (tires locking up) i have figured out that both the front and back tires are locking up, but if i hold the truck and spin just one front tire or one back tire, they don't lock up. does this mean that it's the transmission??? i don't realy know wat to take apart first. i just know that it's not the brakes because i tested them and they work fine. wat do yall think??
Old 08-12-2006, 03:26 PM
seanm729

i wish it was that simple but i took the engine out about 2 days ago because i thought it was the cluch but the thing just won't roll i've been cleaning it for the past 2 day's and there is nothing stuck in the gears that i can see. i'm thinking of the fact that both diff. are connected through the dog bones to the transmission so how do i tell which one is broken or if it's the tranny? do i have to take the dog bones off??? thanks for all you guy's help
Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 PM
entity
Banned

read our posts again and try it.. take pics. we can help better that way.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:37 PM
futabaed

Take out the center gearbox and try to turn the diffs by hand,front & rear.(To check for front/rear diff problems)
Now hold the center gearbox in your hand and try to turn the big diff gear.(This will tell you if its your gears in the gearbox)
Old 08-12-2006, 06:39 PM
chubbysuncle

If you've got the engine out. remove the top plate with the fuel tank. Both the front and rear diffs are left intact and you have a clear view of the driveshafts. If you remove the 4 screws that hold the transmission to the chassis, you can get the front and rear driveshafts out. Can you spin the trans gear with your finger?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:45 AM
cgoodlet

check the spring in the clutch bell.
ORIGINAL: seanm729

Old 08-13-2006, 09:57 AM
naviuk

Valid point, that could very well be the problem....

[quote]ORIGINAL: cgoodlet

check the spring in the clutch bell.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 PM
TruckFreak

Hey there everybody.You know it might be the diff's because my friend shredded,cracked and bent his diff's on his buugy by just driving on the street. After everything I'd check those to.Good Luck
Old 08-13-2006, 02:06 PM
entity
Banned

well i don't know about you guys. but i'm dying to see the problem.. lol.. ronnie.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:25 PM
seanm729

i'm gonna try that tonight and all let you guy know what i find [8D]
Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 PM
seanm729

hey guys, i just took off the tranny and it was a lot more simple than i thought it would be. than i spun the back tires (both at th same time) and they locked up than i spun the two front tires and they spun freely.time to open that rear diff.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 PM
futabaed

Good to hear you took our advice and removed The gearbox,so you've now narrowed the problem down to the rear end[sm=thumbup.gif].

I'm hoping the best for your gears,Keep us posted!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Morinski58201

Alright Fella's need to make sure iam doing this right!

Iam trying to tune my engine, when it starts its taking in way to much fuel and iam talking way to much like it flows out of the exhaust after a few seconds of running so in order to get it leaned out a bit I need to screw the HSN in clockwise (right?) and the thing with the Team Infinity .18 engine is that it doesn't have LSN or @least me and LHS haven't been able to find it yet what iam wondering is if the Idle screw would be effecting fuel flow that much? and if it could be which way would i need to screw that to get it to lean out some?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
TopSpeedToys

Hey Morinski,

You are correct, clockwise will lean it out and no low side on the Infinity engine (that i've seen).
Idle screw does not affect fuel flow, it's for air flow. Makes the little gap in the carb throat open or close.
It should be about 1mm when in neutral position.

Mark
Old 08-15-2006, 03:35 PM
futabaed

Your truck should spit out a lil bit of fuel out of the exhaust,You probably have your high speed needle valve to rich.

(The average tank of fuel should last about 10-12 minutes & you should get a few drops of fuel out of your exhaust even tuned to perfection)

Try backing the HSN out a quarter turn,(no big adjustments only a quarter turn or less each tune)Then drive it around for a tank then restart to see if your adjustments made a differance.

ORIGINAL: TopSpeedToys

You are correct, clockwise will lean it out

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.