Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 PM
hondaidiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

wow ok thats it, i dont think i should have bought this thing i have gotten about 30mins of enjoyment out of it so far and that was when the hobby shop guy was helping me out, so i take the little well big POS out and figured i would run it for 10mins even though its 90 something out yea yea i know not good but i couldnt keep my hands off it, well anyways starting it was a snap and i was having fun till the little heap of scrap metal stalled out in the drive way and i forgot my ignotor so i'm like ok this is easy restart it and go down to the road so i walk back put on a tshirt since i'm going down on the street lol and grab the ignotor 30 pulls later the thing still wont start i'm sweating like a pig by this time open it up look to see what i broke this time and nothing amazingly enough, so i do another 15 pulls still nothing, i'm ready to recycle it, i'm guessing somehow it got flooded and i dunno how that happend or how to fix it do i just let the car sit for a while or is there something i am supposed to do to make it run i am clueless took the GP out and looked and it wasnt dirty i'm not a mechanic probably never should have bought it anyways i need help or i'm gonna tow it to the scarp pile
Old 07-21-2006, 09:29 PM
jguitarsandcars

Honda, I've been told, and everything I've read, says to take the glow plug out and pull it a few times, or just shake it upside down with a rag over the glow plug hole.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
mitch46701

hey check you glow plug mine did that i replaced glow plug made sure i had good charge on ignitor and it fired right up
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honda, you probably need a new plug, it is common to go thru glow plugs during break in and right after too. i would suggest you change the glow plug.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 PM
hondaidiot

YEP YOU GUESSED IT THE IDIOT IS BACK FOR MORE HELP, THANKS

thats it i give up the car wins, i just went back out there took the GP out gave the cord a few yanks saw some gas come out who knows if thats good or bad, so it didnt start then i was like ok no big deal i will try my other GP incase the new one crapped out another 15 pulls and i got a blister and still no start so at that point i've had it, i took it back inside put the newer gp back in it and then i tiped it on its side trying to get the gp washer out and must have been almost a half ounce well maybe a quater ounce of gas came out and i dunno what that meant either guess my engine was flooded but i cant pull it anymore i got blisters every and beat up finger nails thanks to that thing it bites back got a freaking car with an attitude god i think i am about ready to just switch to an electric start maybe that would be easier and as of right now that pile of plastic and metal is for sale i hope it rains tonight gonna set it outside to rust[:@]
Old 07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
hondaidiot

this is a brand new gp just bought it yesterday, if they wear out that fast i am buying stock in the company and ordering 4thousand of the little suckers, car is still for sale
Old 07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
ehroof

are you sure you ignitor is charged or working, did you put the plug in it to see if its lighting the plug nice and bright red??
Old 07-21-2006, 10:16 PM
hondaidiot

oh yea both turned red, my old one would start the car but die as soon as i took it out so the guy at the HS said i needed a new one little did i know they could glow red but not start ur car whoopie so yea that was one of the first things i checked
Old 07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
jguitarsandcars

I had that issue on about my 4th or 5th tank of gas...I opened the throttle trim all the way and it would catch but die as soon as I dropped the trim...had tried new GP...turned out to be a broken clutch spring....I still need to order some of those traxxas ones, but I'm trying to place one order with Tower (since my LHS doesn't stock just the springs, and sold me some that work, but are wrong...too long and stiff, think it robs me of power)...Just need to figure out what other interchangable parts I need from them.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:18 PM
mitch46701

LOl dude ive been there i lost it one day picked it up bounced off the bumper of the car lol then a few days later i tried it again and bounced my new futaba radio off the living room floor the i chnged the battery in my glow starter pulled one time and it fired right up ill tell you your best bet ditch the tiawan motor buy and os engine .18 cv-r is pretty sweet and youll be playing for hours provided you got the fuel and you dont hit anything
Old 07-21-2006, 10:21 PM
ehroof

hmmmm, i would say to try to reset your settings. make the low end needle (one next to the carbs where the linkage hooks up) flush with the collar and close the high end needle (one that sticks up above where the fuel line is hooked to the carb) and open 3 turns. closing is clockwise and opening is counter clockwise.

maybe this would work, if not maybe you got another bum plug, os a3's are a good plug and last pretty long.

hope this helps
Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
hondaidiot

so your telling me i can let it sit around for a day or 2 and not touch it and the car still wont start you've got to be kidding me i hope you didnt just tell me that god i've got this bliseter that took or two or 3 layers of skin but i'm gonna go try and pull it again this is buggin me and how much is that motor anyways
Old 07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
hondaidiot

ok thats it i have now busted open the top of everyone of my knuckles and they are sore my whole freaking hand feels like it needs to be soaked in ice and it still wont start good lord i am sick of this can u buy an electric start for this thing
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
mitch46701

109.99 lhs for it just installed one on neighbors rc10gt ive still got the mark in my hand from the blister i got from pulling like the other guy said make sure all your mixture screws are adjusted to factory it may be getting good and broke in and you just need to tune it out again mine runs great now starts easy i got it idleinng a little quick but im using a stiff clutch spring
not to replace the gears i tore out today. then im gonna save some cash and buy an os .18 tz and drop in it
Old 07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
hondaidiot

the dude at the hobby shop had it tuned out in about 15mins i didnt really tune it so i am clueless as to how it works i am just going to let it sit for the weekend need to tend to my wounds lol
Old 07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
shreadder15
Banned

hey wild speed, to prime an engine just put your finger over the exost for 5 secondswhile u crank!
Old 07-21-2006, 11:37 PM
shreadder15
Banned

Default RE: "OFFICIAL" Himoto / Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

spur gears
Old 07-22-2006, 06:55 AM
lucasdon17

Does ur engine Prime. DO u see fuel rush to the carb when u close the exhaust and pull. Mine has an same issue. It does not prime. Ends up that the fuel tank lid gasket is loose and so there is an air leak . So fuel flow is not continuous.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 AM
jguitarsandcars

it can be so hard to help trouble shoot something when you can't see it...
Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Dark

ORIGINAL: ehroof

hmmmm, i would say to try to reset your settings. make the low end needle (one next to the carbs where the linkage hooks up) flush with the collar and close the high end needle (one that sticks up above where the fuel line is hooked to the carb) and open 3 turns. closing is clockwise and opening is counter clockwise.

maybe this would work, if not maybe you got another bum plug, os a3's are a good plug and last pretty long.

hope this helps
actualy.. per the manual page 6, the LSN should be screwed in exactly 0.5mm from flush with the collar.. just flush with the collar the engine gonna run extremly rich and sluggish or just get flooded.. a little difference of .5mm can have a huge effect on the mixture.. especialy on the LSH which is really sensitive.

Dark
Old 07-22-2006, 12:42 PM
ehroof

Dark, i have been in the hobby for over 20 years, the setting i have given him are the base settings to any nitro engine, this was just to get him started, the manal that comes with it it worth more to start a fire than it is to use for reference.

Honda, you can get an hpi roto start from tower hobbies for the .12-.15 engine it works, i have one on my tornado. the os .18 engine is also on tower hobbies for about $109
Old 07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
hondaidiot

thanks ehroof but this is a .18 engine not sure if thats the same or not, but anyways i figured out the problem my brain ran off on me yesterday after all the scratched up knuckles it turns out that it was just that my glow plug had crapped out and needed to be charged up so once i got a charge on it i went back out and tried it and the car started so i'm glad i didnt mess with any settings sorry for all the confusion and thanks for the help i'm sure i will be back to pick ur brains for the thrill of it lol well not really so it works again but i am still considering that electric starter
Old 07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Dark

back from doing the 3 first tanks of the broken-in after sealing up my whole engine.. probaly going to be 1 of the eziest broken-in along with my OS engines.. sorry to say that ehroof.. but even at the factory setting.. which was 0.5mm from flush with the collar.. i almost hydro-locked the piston the first time i tryed to start the engine.. i keep leaning out the LSN.. and still very too rich(which is not a bad thing for the broken-in).. there is noway ya can run that engine with a flush LSN.. and.. well.. 20years or not that doesnt matter.. but anyways.. u probaly know the vertex .18 better than the manifacturer itself.. + i was just stating what the manual say about the engine setting.. no hard feeling bud.. but i think ur wrong with ur flush LSN and ur "base setting to any nitro enginel".. each engine has his own needles setting.. some have flush LSN but thats not the case of all engines... and certainly not the case of the vertex .18

Dark
Old 07-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Popper252

I've been running my lsn flush since I've had the car and the thing takes off like a rocket everytime. I guess I could try leaning out the low speed a little more to get a little bit better performance out of it, but I'd rather have it set a little bit rich than too lean. I don't have a temp guage or anything, and i've yet to master the water test, so I've learned to sway on the side of caution with my settings.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:31 PM
ehroof

Works for me and all my different engines that i own, hpi, kyosho, traxxas, os, dynamite marine, k&b outboard just to name a few, also check some places online to get a base starting point of a nitro engine but aparently you know more than me so we will just end this here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.