Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:57 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

The LSN on the Volcano is nowhere near flush. It's way in there. At flush it will not idle and will load up. It could be the fuel that people are using. That seems to make a HUGE difference in tune. For me at least.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:04 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flush is a little rich but it is a starting point not a running point, once the engine starts you can tune it from here.

honda, didnt i ask if your plugs were glowing and to make sure your ignitor was charged an your reply was "oh yea both turned red, my old one would start the car but die as soon as i took it out so the guy at the HS said i needed a new one little did i know they could glow red but not start ur car whoopie so yea that was one of the first things i checked"

also this is the link for the rotostart (i know you have the .18 engine):http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFET0&P=ML
Old 07-22-2006, 11:41 PM
hondaidiot

yea u did but appearntly the car was flooded while i was trying to start it and during the process of trying to start the car while not knowing it was charged i must have drained the ignitor but anyways after a night of charging it worked again, maybe my ignitor does hold a charge very long i just didnt charge it so thats all it was and it was flooded cause alot of gas came out the exhaust. i'm gonna check out the link for that later tonight thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 09:16 AM
1500cc

How does a glow plug wear out anyhow? I would have thought that if it glows when the charger is on it (indicating the electric coil is good), then it should work. What part of the plug glows under regular running from engine heat?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Popper252

Every now and then the little coil inside the plug will either break off from the tip or it could snap somewhere on the inside. It starts going bad when the contact points between the coil and the body of the plug start coming loose.
Once you get the engine started and heated up, the coil stays hot from the compression and ignition of the fuel.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:46 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when an engine is too lean the coils of the plug are pushed in so its hard for it to ignite the fuel, when too rich it sucks them out and usually breaks somewhere, thats why a plug my glow but not be good.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
mitch46701

I will be replacing spur and pinion gears in buggy this week so ill take pictures of the way i have it assembled as i repair it so you guys whom are interested in the way i installed the hpi 2 speed will know how i did it i am going to be installing a new engine soon also so this will be a test on drive train to see if it can handle the massive power of the OS .18 tz motor ill be installing
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 AM
nitro_racer_1
My Feedback: (2)

lol honda, u sound like me sometimes lol anyway stick with it, and if theres gas coming out when u pull the pull start that usually means its flooded, take the glow plug out, flip the buggy (or POS as u call it lol) over and pull the cord a few times, put the plug back in put your finger over the cord and pull it like twice, no more or you will prolly flood it again, and try starting it. if that dosent work your glow ignitor is prolly dead, if that doesent work let me know
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 AM
nitro_racer_1

lol i for got to put the quote in my last post, i just got back from out of town and havent been on in a few days, i didnt read the rest of the posts so i hope i didnt repeat anyone lol
ORIGINAL: hondaidiot

YEP YOU GUESSED IT THE IDIOT IS BACK FOR MORE HELP, THANKS

thats it i give up the car wins, i just went back out there took the GP out gave the cord a few yanks saw some gas come out who knows if thats good or bad, so it didnt start then i was like ok no big deal i will try my other GP incase the new one crapped out another 15 pulls and i got a blister and still no start so at that point i've had it, i took it back inside put the newer gp back in it and then i tiped it on its side trying to get the gp washer out and must have been almost a half ounce well maybe a quater ounce of gas came out and i dunno what that meant either guess my engine was flooded but i cant pull it anymore i got blisters every and beat up finger nails thanks to that thing it bites back got a freaking car with an attitude god i think i am about ready to just switch to an electric start maybe that would be easier and as of right now that pile of plastic and metal is for sale i hope it rains tonight gonna set it outside to rust[:@]
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 AM
nitro_racer_1

like i said iv been on a trip for a few days and i decided to take my truggy with me, befor i left i put that hpi tranny in it, and when i got their i fired it up and hit the gas and it didnt go anywere, so i took apart the tranny and realized that the main gear had a one way on it and so i just flipped the gear around and that worked! for like 3 min untill the gear stripped lol. so i put the origanal gear from the origanal tranny in it, and this tim i made sure i put it in with the one way bearing in the right direction. so i took it out, fired it up and hit the gas and it didnt move lol so i put it back in the bag and havent got it out since. but il be back at it agin tomarrow cuz im addicted to the fricken thing lol.
oh and i took it the the lhs where i was at to get a pulls start, and it drew a croud everyone wondered what it was and were impressed with it, and i was proud to say "its a Himoto" lol
Old 07-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Popper252

ORIGINAL: mitch46701

I will be replacing spur and pinion gears in buggy this week so ill take pictures of the way i have it assembled as i repair it so you guys whom are interested in the way i installed the hpi 2 speed will know how i did it i am going to be installing a new engine soon also so this will be a test on drive train to see if it can handle the massive power of the OS .18 tz motor ill be installing
Hey mitch, Can't wait to see what you've got. Like I mentioned earlier I was eyeing that 86038 set and had my doubts about it. But now that I know it works with a little modification I might take the plunge.

I really need it now because earlier today while driving the buggy infront of the house my clutch bell snapped in half. It seperated where the gears attach to the bell part. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow and post it up. This is getting rediculous.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Popper252

Hmm do you think if I just bought the threaded HPI clutch bell with the aluminum pinion gears it's work with the current transmission? Or is that hpi setup all that much better?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 AM
mitch46701

Poppers I'm not sure mine was single speed and i changed over to 2 speed for the same reason my clutch bell had just disintegrated all i had left was the gear to be honest i don't see why (if you have a 2 speed already) that just the clutch bell and gears wouldn't work like i said basic experimentation for me my gears held up pretty good with it till i got gravel in it thats what tore the hpi setup up
Old 07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Popper252

Hey I've got a quick question. On the stock clutchbell what is the gearing? Is it 21/16? I can't count. I always seem to skip a tooth here and there, so i just wanted to double check. I went to the lhs down here in orlando and I picked up a 22 tooth and an 18 tooth pinion gear. Unfortunately they didn't have the threaded clutch bell, so I can't put it all together. With an 18 tooth in the first gear spot will that really kill my acceleration or would I still be ok? I'm not really looking for all out speed in first gear because that's what second is for
And will the 22 tooth gear bind with the 42t gear I have in my transmission now? I could always go back and just get the exact tooth count like the stock setup. I've just noticed from looking around at all the gears and stuff that it's always an even number gear matched up with an odd numbered gear. Let me know what you all think.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Popper252

Here are the pictures of my broken clutch bell. I also have some shots of the hpi pinion gears I want to use. It also looks like my clutch was out of round. Do all think that may have caused the issue with the clutch bell? I've had that clutch in there since the buggy was brand new. It must have a super clutch spring because I've never broken it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54168.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	496174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39963.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	496175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35007.jpg
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	496176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au57515.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	496177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj63571.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	496178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul80537.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	496179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Su34613.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	496180  
Old 07-24-2006, 12:18 PM
mitch46701

lol naw i doubt that caused it looks like a metal problem to me probably in casting i dont know bout the new clutch bell i would install it see how it works just rotating by hand if ti feels smooth take it for a spin
Old 07-24-2006, 12:47 PM
bluecaka69

hey popper is that he one i just seny ya if it is you sure go through parts fast LOL HAHA
Old 07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
mitch46701

lol thats funny my boxer does the same thing to mine yet the golden retriever next door protects it from him
Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Popper252

Haha, yeah man.... I like to play hard with my toys. I was really happy with it because it wasn't stripping my spur gears. But then ofcourse it had to go and disintegrate on me. It's ok, when I finally get that HPI setup working I'll be in a happier place. I think i'm gonna head back to the hobby shop and return the gears I just bought and get the 21 and 16 tooth pinion just to keep the stock gearing. I wish they had the threaded clutch bell so I could finally just try everything out to see if it works. Oh well...
Old 07-24-2006, 01:13 PM
nitro_racer_1

im using an hpi clutch bell because i had a few of them with different numbers of teeth and it works fine
Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Popper252

Awesome man, that's good news. Do you know about the gear meshing? Does it have to be an even mated to an odd? Does it even matter? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:03 PM
nitro_racer_1

as far as the mesh goes iv always been told that if you can run a peice of plastic, from like a bag that parts came in, between your clutch bell and tranny gears without it geting stuck than your mesh is right. and as far as the gears go, the fewer teeth= better acceleration, while more = better top end, and as long as the gears on the clutch beel will reach the tranny gears it should work
Old 07-25-2006, 12:44 AM
hondaidiot

thanks nitro i managed to get it fired up forgot if i ever told anyone that it just turned out to be the glowplug ignitor was dead and i ran it around in the driveway and it must have collected 3lbs of dirt and it has been in the high 90's the past 4 days i havent felt like sitting down to clean it up lol
Old 07-25-2006, 05:59 PM
nitro_racer_1

lol np happens to me all the time. its like 112 here. i broke another pull start so im gonna get a tiger drive system, and i modified a mip nitro stampede header to work on my buggy it improves the preformance and it raises were the pipe mounts so its hidden behind the body, heres some pics, check it out.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:03 PM
nitro_racer_1

well the pics wont work again lol i gess il put them on later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.