Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Tasman_Chas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

Question about the Volcano SV Tranny

With in running it on the second tank of fuel we noticed that we had to give it a lot of throttle to get it to go. Then it wouldn't move at all. After inspection we found that the center of the Gear 1 in the tranny had melted the center out of it. No teeth were missing and none of the other gears have any damage to them. Any suggestions?? It looks like the gear started slipping on the shaft and it just got hot and melted but we don't now what we did.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:56 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the slipper nut wasnt tight enough and melted the gear, you will need another one. sorry [&o]
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Tasman_Chas

I guess I didn't know we needed to check that. I have a gear set on order. Hopefully it won't do that again. We had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to take everything a part. But I guess that is part of the hobby.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 02:51 PM
b24jose

little help again i'm having trouble putting my back left shock back on it wont fit anymore it keeps hitting the back of the box where the reciever is in i tried to bend the chassis but it still wont fit.I took it apart 1 day to clean it and now i cant get the shock back on i did crash it pretty bad what could be the prob? do i need to bend the chassis more?I dont know it kinda looks better with out the extra shocks on but i would like to put them all back on some day if anyone has any idea what could be going wrong please let me know how to fix it never had this problem b 4..thanx again
Old 12-29-2006, 03:42 PM
giddyuperic

Do you or can you post some picture's that always helps.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:59 PM
b24jose

i wish i could put a pic here i cant find usb cable
Old 12-30-2006, 09:54 PM
NSXTACY

YOu can get the replacement clutch springs for the Tornado BB from HobbyTownUSA right...? OH and great Guide on the clutch spring fix. It will help me out once i get the spring. Oh and how long should a replacement spring last? How much are they? THANKS!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
ehroof

you should be able to, they carry alot of traxxas parts
Old 12-31-2006, 12:49 PM
NSXTACY

Im gonna check if they have some today. Oh and one more question. I am having a little leaking on my oil filled shock absorbers, at the bottom seal where the plastic body and the metal guide rod meet. I have the Tornado BB as you can see, so that means teh shock absorber body's are plastic (ive heard aluminum is better). I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this without buying aluminum shock absorbers just yet..... Thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
nitrospeed33

i just got my bb and i wanted to break it in but it snowed the past couple days so i dont have much room. i was told the heat cycle method was really good but alot of people do the ideling through 3 tanks of fuel. is the ideling 3 tanks a good way?? i think i might do it that way but i want to know what you guys think. i was reading the owners manual on how to break in the engine, but its hard to understand. its not written very clearly. so i dont know how they say to break it in. will the ideling be a good way?? thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 03:06 PM
zack221

yea both ways are a good ways if you do them right dont rush the break in but everone has their own way of doing it
Old 12-31-2006, 08:09 PM
NSXTACY

I have another problem, this car is just filled with problems :/

Now it has a priming problem...i think. I can prime it manualy at the start but once i start it up a couple seconds later it just cuts off. It's not the air i had the carb opened up a good bit. Its not the clutch, i had the wheels off the ground when it was started. I think it is a priming problem..... because when i took the tube from the fuel to the carb off it had no flowing fuel, a tiny but not enough. I was just wondering how i could fix this? A new o ring for the little door opening on the fuel tank, would that fix it? Oh and all the tubes from the fuel tank are connected properly. It feels as if the fuel tank doesnt have a great seal. Would a new fuel tank fix it? Oring? Sounds like Popper's prob but alot worse!

Byt the way POPPER did you ever fix the bad fuel tank seal problem....?

If the seal on the tank is not the problem or if it doesn't even sound like a priming problem just please tell me what else i should check??
If anything....
Anybody know what type of problem it sounds like?? I NEED IT FIXED!
PLEASE HELP ME ASAP! ANY INFO CAN HELP! Thankyou!
Old 01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
nitrospeed33

i wanted to break in my engine today, but there is some snow outside. its melting in some spots but its packed down in others. is it safe to break in an engine on snow?? thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
zack221

if it is like below freezing i would wrap aluminum foil around the head to keep temps up but make sure it dont overheat i would wait until it all melted because its better to break them in when it is warm
Old 01-01-2007, 04:54 PM
vulken2003

new to nitro cars but have a volcanio and am having trouble keeping the thing running, first of all to get it started I have to open the carb with my remote an then it starts at a high speed turning the control down get it to idle some what but still the car wants to go cant seem to adjust so the car will stand still, any ideas?
Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 PM
nitrospeed33

its like 35-40 degrees outside so its not too cold. is it okay to run it in those temps?? should i wrap alumnium foil around it. really all im concerned about is the snow. but would you say its okay.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 PM
ehroof

clutch spring or you need to turn the idle down more using the idle screw on the carb of the motor. you need to center the throttle trim and turn the idle screw (one with spring on it) counter clockwise until the idle is lower. if the idle is good and it stalls when you put it on the ground then it is most likely the clutch spring.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:05 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: nitrospeed33

its like 35-40 degrees outside so its not too cold. is it okay to run it in those temps?? should i wrap alumnium foil around it. really all im concerned about is the snow. but would you say its okay.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
nitrospeed33

you just showed my post, no answer.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:18 PM
ehroof

i wouldnt personally run my rc's in the snow or rain but it can be done if the reciever is in a balloon. wrap some aluminum around the head to get the temps up for break in.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
nitrospeed33

okay thanks. i just really want to break it in cause i waited for a about 2 weeks to order it 3 weeks for delivery and now another week cause of the stupid snow! really long time, not fun. thanks for the help.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
NSXTACY

If your car cuts off when u go full throttle too lean or too rich??
Old 01-01-2007, 05:57 PM
ehroof

most likely too lean, smoke coming out? when you first hit the throttle or at high speed?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
NSXTACY

High speed, once it gets pretty fast it cuts off. Yea smoke is coming out.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
ehroof

richen an 1/8-1/4 turn on the high needle (counter clockwise)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.