Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

getting very fustrated

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
redthugneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting very fustrated

i have wanted a "gass" powered rc since i was little and seen my first one. i recently purchased a volcano sv but have very little run time with it after the break in time i have had very little run time and it seem that im spending more money on then i am time i seems that everytime i fire it up i have to purchase something new and i have had to replace the the steering servo saver , fuel lines, the fuel servo, front lower control arm ,front axles rear end and middle castrans cases , now i have to replace the pull start i have fuel leaking from somewhere around the motor and i cant seem to get it tuned properly i have seen and printed the tuning post and have had no luck with getting it tuned i dont know anyone around here that runns them and the closest hobby shop that i know is about 2hrs away and they never heard of redcat and say they dont know anything about them so im pretty much stuck on tring to figure it out by myself like i said imma novice and this is my first one but im really starting to get fustrated with it. did everone go thru this or is it just me.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM
rcrunningman

Default RE: getting very fustrated

Lol for one buy a roto start they are only a few bucks more. And everytime you break a part buy double then you will always have extra most of the parts come double anyway.It does get better as you get better driving and not crashing so often.There are tones of guys that sell parts and they are cheap to buy and ship.Hit up the guys on here there are at least three dealers answering posts. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
redthugneck

the problem isnt that im crashing it or jumpin it i havent been able to keep it running right long enough to do much with it i think after the break in period i think i have only been able runn maybe 1 or 2 tanks worth of fuel thru it i havent been able to keep it running long enough to thrash it bad enough to need spares
Old 04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
rcrunningman

did you check your fuel line from the gas tank to the engine alot of times the spur gear wears a hole in it happened to me a few times.Any tiny tiny little crack or hole will make it not run for sure.If no hole make sure the fuel lines are all the way on.Hit up Clermont Hobby on hear he will help with everything including parts.Also email redcat nick they both can help
Old 04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
redthugneck

yea the fuel line problem is actually the problem that lead to me needing to replace the pull cord i couldnt get it to run i tried the tuning and found the hole in the fuel line replaced it and went to start it and the pull cord broke like i said it seems that once i fix one thing and something else breaks or i get 10 mins of run time and something breaks
Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man its ok...I just started this yr myself and it gets better....first tip...take and mark your flywheel were ur piston is at bdc..this is VERY IMPORTANT..always put ur engine at bdc ASAP when ur engine is not running...get your temps above 200 deg. as fast as possible...u should run between 200 and about 260 deg...and make sure u do a good break in...dont get in a rush you will have a lot of time to enjoy ur vehicle once its broke in properly...u have a volcano so I would sudjest getting a single spd from clermont or u will be fighting spur gears alot...u still have to properly mesh them but the single spd is more dependable...u can get a roto start or a pull start...if u go back with pull start try to position ur chest to were ur hand hits ur chest before u fully extend the pull start..and try to pull it straight....like I said I just started this yr myself but I have learned alot...some the hard way and I want to help fellow hobbiests to learn by my mistakes and not make them also...lol...I currently have 3 cars and will prolly order my 4th this week...if u need specific help feel free to pm me..if I dont have the answer I will find it for you
Old 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
redthugneck

firebird and rcr i appreciated it . like i said im a novice and just getting fustrated with all the different problems coming up with it and i dont have a good shop close by to take it to so im kinda running blind with it from what lil time i have runn it i have enjoyed it but it just irratates me to see it sitting on the shelve waiting for parts then getting the parts putting them on and then running for a short tiem then having to put it back on the shelve to look at it till the new parts come in
Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
firebird78

bro....I have to drive 120 miles one way to get fuel and other stuff at a decent price...so I know all about it..lol
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
redthugneck

i know the feeling i have to drive about 2 hrs to get the hobby shop but i cant buy to many parts off them cause they are familar with redcat so i have to order most my stuff off the net
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
firebird78

I order every single part off the net....I might buy a servo locally but usually everything but fuel is purchased online
Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM
redthugneck

what do you normally pay for fuel?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 PM
firebird78

$20 but like I said..gotta drive 120 miles one way to get it at that price....so I load up when I go...and usually do other shopping..lol