Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

HELP!!! sh.18

Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Gelo_USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! sh.18

ok... I got my volcano followed the break in steps as posted on redcat website... in the beggining I could get it to tune perfect.... until the glow plug finally went bad... I replaced it and since then I cant get it to tune properly... the engine starts and runs fine but I m not getting the same performance any tips to get a good tune... or steps on where to start and how to proceed... I m used to the infinity engine which has only one needle so I m kind of lost with the sh....

also... my car is not shifting (not due to tunning.. problem started about 3 tanks before) the car is stuck I think on first gear... I checked and it was missing the adjusment screw the one thts on the side of the 2 screws on the trans I put a new screw but still wont shift... any help???
thanks....
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 PM
tornbb

Default RE: HELP!!! sh.18

i couldnt tell you much about the tuning but(dont have the sh yet).did you change the tranny?im thinkin the volcano only comes in a 1spd.anyways the tranny did you lose the spring and ball that goes inside it?if not take it out and check how easily the little plate inside moves out(it should move back in on its own). mine went bad i think do to a run off... up one street back down the street up another before jumping the sidewalk and into the side of someones house full speed. i got really lucky.blew the pipe off it brakes locked up and fried the clutch bell. battery slide forward and cut off the wires to the switch[&o](no failsafe.got one after that)anyways i found out by twirling the shaft on the tranny to see that the clutch would grab 2nd just by hand.so you could be in first or second. try backing out the grub screw a bit. you can test it by holding it in your hand and appling 3/4 throttle or so. if that isnt it then maybe lean low spd needle a bit. you said after the plug died. it might not be hot enough too. hope this was some kind of help
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Gelo_USA

srry my mistake... its a tornado....
the tunning problem has nothing to do with the trans not shifting because the problem started before.... I knw its tuned well enough to shift... I m using a OS A3 plug... the spring and ball u talk about is in with the grub screw or in another place??? I had lost my grub screw while running.. is the spring and ball held by the grub? cause if it is I lost it when it came of... if not I have no idea... I will try loosening it tomorrow cause I put it tight... about the spring and ball.. where are they located??
thanks...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 PM
firebird78

if the sping and ball is gone ur most likely stuck in second...your high needle should be around 2 1/2 out form all in...the low should be close to flush with the collar and 1mm gap on your idle...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:44 PM
firebird78

here are some pics that may help you out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52237.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	977878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81696.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	977879  
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Gelo_USA

where should the ball and spring be??
Old 06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
firebird78

under the adjustment screw in the first pic.....
Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 PM
tornbb

yeah there you go showing pics is easier then explaining it. if you do still have the spring and ball in the clutch you can adjust the shift points on it. tightening shifts later. loosening shifts sooner.try puting a little tread locker on it. after you shouldnt have any problems with it coming out. if your parts are gone you can get a new clutch for the tranny. like $4 somethin.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Gelo_USA

ok jst performed a brain surgery on my tornado... I put the spring and ball back on my trans...(took it out a full new trans I bought) put it in the car without taking it apart... I didnt want to replace the whole assembly... lets see how it works now....
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Gelo_USA

it doesnt work... maybe I damaged the trans from running too long without the spring and ball??? I will try replacing the whole thing now...
Old 06-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Gelo_USA

ok... took it apart...
the locktite locked the spring and ball... I m like killing myself now to take tht damn ball out... its stuck....