Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

body question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
tylervalentine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body question

200mm bodies round off to 7.9 inches and 190mm to 7.5 so one is skinnier this i am aware of but something that i have'nt been able to find out is, do the have they same wheelbase and over all length?
Old 10-04-2008, 11:43 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: body question

If I'm not mistaken they do have the same wheel base.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 PM
el_tonto

Yep all have about a 257mm wheelbase. Anyway, You can usually trim a little extra from the wheel arches to tweak the "apparent" wheelbase of the car without making it look disproportionate. Frequently the rear arms (and sometimes the front) are slightly asymmetric and can be installed upside down (or back to front) to tweak the wheelbase by 2-3mm.

Most 200mm bodies will fit on 190mm cars, and you'd generally use +3mm offset wheels in order to increase the car width to suit the wider body.

Note that the redcat 1/10 truck and buggy actually have a 270mm wheelbase. The extra length comes from a slightly longer chassis, and a small extension piece mounted at the front top plate. The lightning has the standard touring-car 257mm WB (approximately).
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
tylervalentine

I know that redcats buggy and monster trucks have longer chassis. I actually wanted to go the the shorter chassis which is why i used the lightnings instead of the shockwaves. You kind of have the bodys backwards for what im going for though. Im wanting a 190mm instead of the 200mm that i already have.