Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

I want to convert my avalanche to brushless setup. Suggestions needed!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I want to convert my avalanche to brushless setup. Suggestions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
shadow21
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to convert my avalanche to brushless setup. Suggestions needed!

So.. Ive had my avalanche for sale for a while. Nobody wants to buy it and i dont want it to be a shelf queen. I want a brushless rc truck that will be pretty bad *****. I have it all planned out as to where im going to place the motor, ESC and my custom battery tray. All i need to figure out is if a brushless motor will supply enough braking power for this beast, a spur gear that i can modify to fit the center differential, and a good brushless setup that will run this beast to about 50 MPH. Im thinking the traxxas, loi or mamba (idk the KV yet). What would you guys suggest? It really doesnt have to do 50 MPH. Just something that will get up and go. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: I want to convert my avalanche to brushless setup. Suggestions needed!

Why do you need a different spur gear for the center diff? I presume the Avalanche uses 1.0 mod pitch and you can get plenty of mod-1.0 pinions for brushless motors since the conversion from nitro is quite common.

A brushless motor should provide plenty of braking.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: I want to convert my avalanche to brushless setup. Suggestions needed!

I have friend that put a Novak brushless motor and ESC with a 3800 lipo on his volcano, and that thing screams!!! It's too much power for that light of a truck. He can't keep the front wheels on the ground!! If he punches it from a dead stop, It'll just flip right over. That kind of setup would probbably work great in a 1/8 like your avalanche, oh, and I don't think it would be a problem hitting your 50mph mark. I'm sure you could get well past that with the right gear setup...anyway, just a suggestion...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 AM
tbs

I'm doing the same conversion to my car.

It is a HSP Rattlesnake and it should be the same car as the Avalanche i believe.

I calculated the pitch using this site:
[link=http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_gear_calc.html]R/C Calculations[/link]

According to the calculations I am most certain that the pitch in our cars is Mod 1.0..

I will put up my own thread later with some pictures and info about the engine, ESC and battery setup I am going to use.

//Mattias in Sweden
Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
shadow21
My Feedback: (4)

Its the exact same pitch as a revo 3.3. And i believe for the revo its 32 pitch. I know because i matched the gears from my revo to the avalanche. I BELIEVE that the E-Revo is also 32 pitch and those pinion gears are easy to come by.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:39 PM
guy4x4

It's a 24 pitch not 32 I done the conversion here is link to some of pinions.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...+pitch&x=0&y=0
Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM
el_tonto

Revo is 24P/1.0-Module (same as Redcat) - the Maxx and nitro Rustler etc are 32P.

Search towerhobbies for "Century Motor Gear" and you'll find 24P (1.0 Module) pinions for helicopter from 9T to 14T. These are for a 5mm shaft and are the cheapest I've found.