Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat racing help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
bdobson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat racing help

hey guys wondering if u have ran into this problem? I have a 1/10 buggy tornado did my brake in and now while the engine is going it stalls like the is no fuel getting to the carb but i start is by plugging the exhaust and pulling the start pull and fuel gets to the carb but not in the carb? any ideas only did my brake in and change my glow plug cant even tune it?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Default RE: redcat racing help

Try using a new plug? Lots of people here will tell you that it's usual to use up 2 maybe even 3 plugs until the engine is broke in. I'm guessing since you're just breaking in the engine that its not a air leak somewhere but you never know. There's a good video on how to check for air leaks here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epEGetU7NFU

I'm just getting into nitro so I'm sure there are more reasons on why you engine doesnt seem to be getting fuel.

Peace..

~SoLo
Old 01-03-2009, 02:11 AM
jpilkinton

Did you adjust your LSN(low speed needle)?
I have found out that if it is not screwed out enough, the needle will block the flow of fuel through the carb. Try turning it counter clockwise 1/4 turn. See if it will start then.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:54 PM
bdobson

thanks guys most likely to get a refund hopefully. will get a d8 or team losi