Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

remote freq. lost temp

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:32 AM
GZDAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote freq. lost temp

I purchased a Red Cat Landslide LT at Xmas my son and I have run this truck 8 times on 2 seperate run times it seemed the remote lost freq. or had failure of somekind the truck was only 30-40ft. away and it goes to full throttle and does not respond.The last episode resulted in a broken rear lower suspension arm. If any one has answers for this problem please reply. My son and I like the truck but,we are almost afraid to run it do to this problem of unreliable control.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: remote freq. lost temp

make sure that your crystals are in secure on your controller and reciever. Also make sure that the antena hasn't been ripped out of the reciever, this tends to happen when you dont leave any slack in the wire inside the box and the antenna gets pulled on. If you dont safe running the truck just turn on the power and have your son stand by the truck and then keep backing away from it while testing it. dont quote me on this but i think the range is around 250 feet?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

GET A FAILSAFE!!!!!!!!! You shouldn't be running ANY nitro truck without a failsafe. The engine will always go to full throttle when the reciever / transmitter looses power. Spend $20 or $25 and get a failsafe! Other than that, the stock radio / servos are pretty weak anyway, you can get a quality radio with 2 servos for about $70. Cheaper if you shop around.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
robriley

yes definity invest the $20.00 - $25.00 for a failsafe, weather you have an aftermarket radio, servos, and receiver or not.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

If you do the radio check test, like perhamrocks said and it still doesn't work properly you might want to go ahead and get the radio warrentied through Redcat if you don't want to have to buy a new one.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Just so we're clear, I wasn't suggesting that you should get a new radio / servos instead of a failsafe. You need to get a failsafe regardless of what you do with your radio / servos. Don't even start it back up until you get a failsafe. It's not just to protect your truck, it's also to protect people and property that might be around you in case you have a radio failure again. If your truck looses signal, batteries get weak, run out of range, anything like that, your truck WILL go to full throttle, always. Unless you get a failsafe. I can't stress enough how important they are.....
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brett185

GET A FAILSAFE!!!!!!!!! You shouldn't be running ANY nitro truck without a failsafe. The engine will always go to full throttle when the reciever / transmitter looses power. Spend $20 or $25 and get a failsafe! Other than that, the stock radio / servos are pretty weak anyway, you can get a quality radio with 2 servos for about $70. Cheaper if you shop around.

I will bet that the radio is losing battery power, which will make the failsafe useless (failsafe has to have power to activate)... the problem is probably intermitant and most likely is in the reciever...there is a chance it could be in the on/off switch, but I would lean towards the reciever...you may try bypassing the on/off switch and test it without actually running the car (having one person take off with the car and shaking it and what not while the other stays put and runs the steering and throttle)...

and you should get well over 250 ft range....you should have atleast 100 yards range

I agree you should have a failsafe...but I'd bet that wont solve the problem.....you can either do like Wade said and have your radio warranteed, or do like Brett said and buy a low cost aftermarket radio....I myself would buy like a new low cost futaba, airtronics or jr system...you can pick them up pretty cheap, especially on ebay...you dont need anything fancy
Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
perhamrocks

you realise that 100 yards is only 50 feet more than 250 right?
i said it was an estimate you don't need to rip on me
Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I was ripping on you, you would know it....dont need to be defensive man....just here helping...had the same trouble with a redcat
Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

with most RTR's the radio's are crap. Ditch the radio and receiver and you will like your truck even more
Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 PM
drum_n_man

I had the same problem with my landslide after a few runs. found my batteries were low. not dead and still had enough power for my othe rc. . but that was my experience. definately try new batteries though.