Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tuning and running troubles

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:48 PM
perhamrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning and running troubles

I can't seem to get my sh .18 to idle down, i adjust the idle with both the truck and the controller on, it seems that i can get it to move but once it gets so far closed it won't go any more so my truck will never sit still any suggestions?

also just today it was happening that i would hit the brake or nothing at all while i was driving and my engine would rev up for a couple of seconds, and then it would go back to normal. any suggestions?
it might be because of the snow, but i doubt it because the reciever is enclosed and it doesnt' always do it.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: tuning and running troubles

It might be a little lean at low throttle so try richening up the LSN. This will lower the idle slightly as well for a given carb gap. Cold weather will make a truck run a little lean because the cold air is denser.

Otherwise it could be that your clutch spring has just gotten a little stretchy (or broken) so replacing it might help - this will raise the rpm at which the clutch shoes engage.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
perhamrocks

my truck only has about a quarter to a third of a gallon into it so i hope it's not the clutch springs, my low speed needle wasn't too lean because i checked that, hopefully it's just the cold air.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
el_tonto

My stock clutch spring busted before break-in was even complete. This was about 3 years ago though so they might well have better springs by now! Certainly they shouldn't stretch in that short time. It's easy to check if it's broken though, just spin the clutch bell by hand and if there is any scratching or scraping noise then you'll need to pull it apart and check the spring. If you run it off the ground it'll also stall instantly when you apply the brakes, since the clutch will always be engaged.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
perhamrocks

no it's not my clutch spring.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Redcat Nick

Sounds like you are lean bogging. Richen up the low speed needle and lean out the high speed needle a bit prolly should be about 2 1/2 -3 turns from closed on the high end.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
perhamrocks

ok thanx