Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Alternative Parts for Landslide

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
HardcoreNinja69
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative Parts for Landslide

I have a Landslide. Things keep braking on it and I have only had it since the 10th. Since then I have only gotten to drive it a total of about 45 mins. There is a local hobby store that carries other major R/C company parts on hand. Does anybody know of any alternative parts I can use to repair my lemon...I mean Landslide. Right now I am specifically hoping to find a Front Wheel Hub Carrier and a Steering Hub Carrier that will work. But in general it would be nice to have a list composed of possible swaps on this vehicle.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM
1972roadrunner

Default RE: Alternative Parts for Landslide

...i know for a fact the HPI brakes WONT work...they're too big... but i would also like to know as i have a landslide also.

i DID get some wheels and tires from HPI and they work well, except i had to trim some of the tread on the edge of one tire to get it to clear the exhaust pipe. a utility knife with a fresh blade worked well. i used HPI's Mag 8 wheel with the 17mm hub, and their 155x88mm PitchFork all-terrains. looks MUCH better than stock, and gave it almost an inch lift. if i can find a working camera i'll take some pictures.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
HardcoreNinja69
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for your post. It would be a great resource for all Landslide owners to have this thread to access for information. Lets keep it going and growing!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
perhamrocks

ORIGINAL: 1972roadrunner

...i know for a fact the HPI brakes WONT work...they're too big... but i would also like to know as i have a landslide also.

i DID get some wheels and tires from HPI and they work well, except i had to trim some of the tread on the edge of one tire to get it to clear the exhaust pipe. a utility knife with a fresh blade worked well. i used HPI's Mag 8 wheel with the 17mm hub, and their 155x88mm PitchFork all-terrains. looks MUCH better than stock, and gave it almost an inch lift. if i can find a working camera i'll take some pictures.
WOW, those are probably goin to slow you down
Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 AM
1972roadrunner

i've run it around for about a half a tank, but i was having an issue with a set screw so the thing was only front wheel drive. it was still gettin after it pretty good though. the only thing i'm worried about is the plastic gears in the trans because the tires are a little heavier.

i forgot to mention that i had to trim the body a little in the rear, raise the body posts in the rear, and add 5 washers to each post to use the top hole so the tires don't grab [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 AM
1972roadrunner

pictures here! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8442918/tm.htm