Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
perhamrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts

This is a question for Redcat. Do you know when the next shipment of parts for the landslide is coming in? Because the front uppers and the rear hinge pins are out of stock.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: parts

We had numerous parts on order for about 3 weeks and just placed another parts order last week.

The problem was that most factories shut down for 2 weeks - 3 weeks for the Chinese New Year. The Landslide factory just got back from their vacation today and I have received email confirmation that they have the parts orders and they are working on them.

Usually when we place parts orders it takes anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks for them ship depending on if the part is available or if they have to make it. You need to add 2-3 days to that once shipped to come through customs and stuff. Some parts did not ship before they went on vacation, so we ran out of a lot of things.

So to answer your question, these parts could be anywhere from about 1 week to 3 weeks away.

There is a whole other situation going on in China too but I have yet to learn if this is any part of the delays we have seen. Many small factories are in trouble due to the economy. Not our RC factories, but some of their suppliers are really hurting due to the downturn. I fear that some items might take longer but hopefully not.

I went to China last month for one reason.... To make sure our factories were still healthy which they are. I do not go visit the suppliers of the factories we buy from though and I am sure you have read in the news that hundreds if not thousands of factories are closing.

There you go, my normal answer with many more words than I am sure asked for.

Darin
Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
redcatracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: parts

darin, i dont know if i am the only one with this issue but i have ran my monsoon 8 times and the last 2 times i have broken a front axle and a rear axle, both times snapping right behind the back of the wheel where the pin holds the wheel mount to it. i love the monsoon but it is frustrating when other truggys at the track take huge tumbles and come out ok and then i dont land exactly perfect and snap a wheel off. any suggestions?

redcatracer