Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 AM
clontz_wi64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado questions

well i'm going with a big block single speed swap setup in my tornado

has anyone found a metal gear for the middle differential to substitute with yet??

i know that will be the first thing to break but oh well i got extras, i know i'll need em' along with some c-cups

and if anyone has done a big block in a tornado let me know what you have ran into doing this

and should a 9.9kg/cm servo be enough to upgrade for the steering/carb?? or should i go a little more around 12kg?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: tornado questions

The tires determine the steering torque required, the stockers only need a 3kg servo - a 10kg servo should turn monster truck tires with ease. The throttle/brake servo around 6kg would be good for squeezing the brakes with monster tires - if you're using buggy tires then a 3kg servo is plenty.

I've got a Savage spur in my tornado but it's not a direct swap. A couple others on here have put HPI gear in their cars, most require a bit of modding and crossed fingers to get to fit. But there are plenty of metal gear options for the Savage trucks so it's possible.

Do you have the 2-speed or the single-speed?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
clontz_wi64

Default RE: tornado questions

ah i see well i have the 2-speed but i'm putting in their 1 speed differential in instead