Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

plastic vs. aluminum clutch shoes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
new_2_rczayka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plastic vs. aluminum clutch shoes

hello! I am new to rc nitro vehicles. I have a Redcat Volcano SV and everything is stock there. Didn't make any upgrades. Does anybody would recommend switching from platic clutch shoes to aluminum ones. I found it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/HIMOTO-02048-1-1...2em118Q2el1247
I gues Himoto and Redcat have the same item numbers for some parts. The redcat website has plastic clutch shoes with item number: 02048

Please help!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
rclynx

Default RE: plastic vs. aluminum clutch shoes

Its really a matter of preference........if your going to spend the money get yourself a M.I.P. clutch set up and never look back.............I like carbon
Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: plastic vs. aluminum clutch shoes

Personally I like the Aluminum Cutch shoes on my big block engines, they last longer and seem to grab better. Only hing with aluminum is that you have to maintain them and fill the edges every so often. As far as the small 1/10th scale engines go I personally prefer the nylon shoes.