Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

The ocean

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
jamesfouquet
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ocean

well I ran man backdraft .3.5 at the beach today. I did a short little test run everything was fine went down to the beach made to small little laps around the truck then it just takes off full throttle Tottal loss of control. I goes 100 200 yards before it runs in the water. I finally get to it and I turn the switch off and look at it and the throttle is stuck wide open I cant even push it shut. I go home and take apart the motor its all good except that every time i go to put the backplate and the pull start on the pull start wont pull I take it off and everything moves freely I am assuming that the backplate is getting put on to tight? the second part of this why did I loose complete controll of my car it was like 20 ft from me when it took off had brand new batteries in rec and radio. Now if i turn the car on nothing happens no respose not even a twitch. Dont know where to start with this one
Old 10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: The ocean

Glitch of some kind, its best to have a failsafe and a throttle return spring. Check your electronics, maybe its your reciever, or your on off switch
Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 PM
jamesfouquet

I do have a rerturn spring. A failsafe is somthing I should get but I dont think either would have saved me this time. Whatever the problem it happend before it hit the water. I lost everything no steeering no throttle. I trhink It is time to upgrade the radio rec. and the servos. the motor seems to be fine I dont get why when I put on the pull start it wont pull like the motor is locked up but if I pull the starter off the motor turns freely the piston move freely Its like the backplte is to tight.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:02 PM
chevyderek72

I mean ive only had it happen to me once, when my gf was driving and it took off till it hit a curb then went back to idling. But it just broke the aftermarket bumper. And ive always used stock radios.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
jamesfouquet

I did some messing around with it and when it turn it on the throttle goes wide open and the steering goes full left and the radio controls do nothin. all new batteries.and the correct voltage are getting to reciver. I think its the reciver I dont see both servos going out at the exact same time. you were right about the tires on the sand , evry timeI turned the rear tries tried to come around. I have the wheels for the front just not the tires I dont remember who makes them. cant seem to find them