Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

1/8 wheel nuts-locktite??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Mickstix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 wheel nuts-locktite??

Hey all you 1/8 experts!Do ya do any kind of loctite on the wheel nuts for these or what?I've got 17mm hex (metal) nuts on my Monsoon and just dont want to loose any of em!Thanks!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/8 wheel nuts-locktite??

Mick...

I'm not an expert by far, but I mainly own 1/8ths....I've never locktited my wheel nuts and only lost 1....it was pretty much my fault though cause it wasnt tight to begin with (I missed it on my pre-run)....

what I do is make sure they are tight before I start the rc...then I check them after a few tanks....when racing I check them before my buggy hits the track and after every race (I also double check my engine mount screws also)....

as long as you check them periodicly you will be fine...if your still nervous about it they do make wheel nuts that have nylon lock inserts....or you can just locktite em...lol
Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
ZielkeRacing

If the nuts you are using are smooth on both sides then a drop of locktite on each nut that will help. You can also upgrade to a knurled nut on one side so they will not come loose. See the ones I used on my aftershock build, they are knurled and also have an o-ring on the inside. Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not a bad idea to use Blue loctite on every screw or nut that contacts metal including the wheel nuts. The blue stuff is easy to remove when needed.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Mickstix

Cool thanks for the info!!