RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

vnmsgt 01-22-2008 09:22 PM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this mod I found for the Monsoon and hurricane so you do not have any problems with the screw on the servo rod hit the upper plate when steering. All you have to do is loosen you servo saver and rotate the upper part of it 180 degrees and tighten it back down and then readjust your servo arm.

ehroof 01-22-2008 09:45 PM

very good, nice servo

vnmsgt 01-22-2008 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

very good, nice servo
Wish it was mine. I got the picture from [link]http://www.plaig.com.au/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=39[/link]. Lots of good stuff there.

TThib 01-22-2008 11:32 PM

Thats an excellent idea! Looks like there is plenty of clearance there and no extra concern for breakage either. I just might try that.

Redharris 01-23-2008 12:20 AM

If its THAT hard to get running, You Might have an air leak. Had that on my volcano and it had me getting frustrated too. Here is what solved that problem for me. Others might be interested in this as well. I would like to know what YOU guys think about this.
Sealing a Nitro Engine,
http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=54465

TThib 01-23-2008 07:35 AM

I'd love to do this as a preemptive strike, but I'm way too nervous I'd screw something up in the process. Looks good on paper, but I may try this if tuning or performance become an issue.

Fher Raul 01-23-2008 07:01 PM

I not like much to put the servo saver on those mode because is much dandegerous in a crash...

Fher Raul 01-23-2008 07:35 PM

Sorry, you have reason i do the modification rigth now, and is best, i have a Jammin X1 CRT PRO and have the servo saver like the Monsoon modification

vnmsgt 01-23-2008 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Fher Raul

Sorry, you have reason i do the modification rigth now, and is best, i have a Jammin X1 CRT PRO and have the servo saver like the Monsoon modification
You are talking about the servo saver mod right. How do you like it. I have not had the chance to do it yet.

Fher Raul 01-23-2008 08:57 PM

Is very nice man now is my Jammin , with the servo saver out, is more easy to tunning the aligment and is more clear to clean the chassis too, i like much, is super easy to do.

Fher Raul 01-25-2008 11:23 AM

Clutchbell News

Hi guys, there is my story...

Yesterday i ran my Monsoon in my backyard but the truggy not have failsafe, so my radio batteries have not juice and i crashed the Monsoon into a wall, the car nos stop and the engine rev and super higher rpms, when i stop the car and check for damages i see my clutch bell broke with out theets (like a brand new cd). So i remove my engine and the clutchbell, but i install a Ofna 15T short(normal) clutchbell, that you know it not fit on yhe Monsoon chasiss, so i interchange the engine bases 9 the silver one) rigth to left and left to rigth, and i install the engine back with the new normal clutchbell and it fit in the spurgear without probles, little close to the brake disc but not touch, i run today with my new 15Tclutch bell and is very very fast on road but little caw offroad, i like this modification because i find a lot os clutchbells on my hobbieshop, close to my house.... i put pictures soon.

ehroof 01-25-2008 11:26 AM

nice, if i understand, all you did was reverse motor mounts then you can use a standard clutch bell?

motodude11 01-25-2008 12:29 PM

hmmm i got a sportwerks 13t bell i can try out now!!

Fher Raul 01-25-2008 04:49 PM

yes , you understand!!:)

ehroof 01-25-2008 04:57 PM

nice going bro!!!!

vnmsgt 01-25-2008 05:10 PM

I still do not see how some people do it. I have tried a couple of times using different bells and it does not work. I even go to the plague swarm site and they cannot get it to work. Guys there mod the chassis or make there own motor mounts to use a regular clutch bell. I tried so many times and just gave up[:@]

FHER RAUL: LETS SEE SOME PICTURES OF YOUR ENGINE MOUNTED THAT WAY!!!!!!!

motodude11 01-25-2008 05:23 PM

wow easy there big guy lol

vnmsgt 01-25-2008 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: motodude11

wow easy there big guy lol
I am not being mean or anything, just would like to see a pic. I keep hearing everyone saying they have done it and it is so easy to just swap your motor mounts around but nobody ever has pics to prove it! I just would like to know what I am doing wrong. I think it would work with different mounts but not the redcat ones.

ridgerunner1 01-26-2008 10:26 AM

Hey all new to the redcat forum been wanting a truggy after running a guys jammin from work, I got a Tmaxx fixed up to race and a jato now the new monsoon the kid i got it from in town here had only ran less then a QT of fuel thru it picked it up for 200, now for the fun i always tear down my new rigs just to check them out going thru this froum i am getting some good tips, got to order some new servos and clean out the diffs and reoil other then that this thing looks very well built should hold up nicely, anyway keep up the good work in here I'll be in and out of here from time to time.

ehroof 01-26-2008 10:29 AM

good, take some pics and video,

welcome to the family, your made now

:D

motodude11 01-26-2008 10:44 AM

diddos to that[8D]

Fher Raul 01-28-2008 08:45 PM

Hey guys about 2 days ago i sold the monsoon to my best friend, he crashed it today and broke the front lower arm, i see it on the redcat site with very good price, but we need it fast, guys, you know another arm of another truggy that fit on the monsoon???? thanks

pede_187 02-04-2008 05:49 PM

Good engine for monsoon?

Chubbysdad 02-04-2008 07:18 PM

the stock motor with p3 mod lol

vnmsgt 02-04-2008 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

the stock motor with p3 mod lol
I agree, it is just as fast as a Radical .21 and alot easier to get parts for LOL!:D

BTW Here is a Diff upgrade for the monsoon which makes the diffs alot stronger and run way better. A Clermont hobby has seen it done on a Hurricane and made a big difference. I got my parts from [link]http://clermontmotorsports.com[/link].

Here is a upgrade for the differentials in the monsoon. Some people have problems with them stripping out the ring gear. I installed CEN Matrix ring and pinion gears part #MX040 and MX037. The truck rolls smooth as glass now just like my ST-RR and Hyper and does not have the grinding noise and notchiness of the stock gears when you roll the truck. A friend did this to a Hurricane buggy and it ran 10 times better with this upgrade so I figured I would try it since I just stripped my ring gear.

Steps to do this mod.

1-removed front or rear diff
2-swap out ring gear and oring, shims and pin
3-grind out the recessed area on the chassis where the ring gear goes a little lower and wider to clear the bigger thickness of the cen gear (ring gear will scrape if not done)
4-remove pinion gear and swap bearing, shim with cen pinion
5-cut down both screws on that go into the chassis to hold down diff case on the side of the ring gear (they will hit gear if it is not done)
6-install everything back and make sure it rolls freely.
7-HERE ARE SOME PICS

I will post back after tomorrow when I run at the track how it runs.