Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Please help recognize this plane

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Please help recognize this plane

Old 05-31-2020, 07:13 AM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Please help recognize this plane

Hello,

please help me help recognize this plane, I saw the photo of this plane on the cover of the of the magazine Modelar January 1965..

Thanks,
Harry
Old 05-31-2020, 12:26 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is the Google translation of the article concerning the airplane from the magazine:

We return to the title page for a while at the end of 1964. On December 10, 1964, Comrade Antonin Novotny, the first secretary of the UV KSC and the President of the Republic, celebrated a rare life anniversary - 60 years. On this occasion, the delagation of Svazarma, led by the chairman of the Central Committee, Lieutenant General J. Hech, sold him a somewhat unusual one, but this made a more valuable gift. It is certainly a great honor for us - model aircraft - that when choosing a theme for such a rare opportunity, a radio - controlled aircraft model was chosen, which combines several elements of technical education of youth. This is the best answer to the question of how far modeling supports and contributes to increasing the technical maturity of our youth, for which it is generally and especially on the part of the army very important and constantly called. In his reply to the greeting, which was interpreted by the chairman of UV Svazarm on behalf of our entire organization, Comrade President emphasized the growing importance of Svazarma as a component that must further support especially technical development and staff training for our army. The model that received the honor of representing Svazarm on this precious life anniversary of the President of the Republic is the work of Comrade Milos Souck from Brno. It was in operation throughout the 1964 season and the constructor ranked with it as the second in the national zebra crossing of the athlete in 1964. The model is exemplary and equipped with a 4-command MVVS radio with a transistor receiver that controls the rudder and engine speed. Comrade President was interested in demonstrating the function and operation of the radio equipment on the model, which was sold as fully functional.

Additionally there is another photo with a caption giving some basic information which is translated thus:

Exemplary model of M. Souck from LMK Brno I (ZJS). Data: span 1520, length 1120 mm, wing profile NACA 2415, height profile symmetrical own, engine MVVS 2.5 TR, take-off weight 2000 g. Comrade Soucek uses the servo he successfully described, which he described in Aviation Modeler 12/1961.

So I guess that the airplane is the creation of one Milos Souck and if he gave it a name it was not mentioned in this article.