Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Beechcraft Bonanza V35 wing angle of incidence?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Beechcraft Bonanza V35 wing angle of incidence?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 08:15 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beechcraft Bonanza V35 wing angle of incidence?

Anyone know of a reasonable wing angle of incidence for a 36 in. wingspan Beechcraft Bonanza V35? Drawings available online show 0-4 degrees. I doubt the 0 degree incidence is right.
Thanks
P

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-08-2022 at 08:17 AM. Reason: clarify title
Old 07-18-2022, 03:01 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Depends on the airfoil used. 0 degrees won’t work on a symmetrical airfoil but could work with a semi-symmetrical or flat bottomed airfoil although maybe not ideal. If I were building the Bonanza, I would go with a semi-symmetrical and 1/2 to 3/4 degree positive.
Old 07-18-2022, 07:01 AM
[email protected]

Thanks. The kit came with semi-symmetrical, almost flat, airfoil. I can adjust the incidence by adding a shim on the trailing edge to see how it goes, then figure a permanent fix.
Have you had any experience with tricycle gear and vtail takeoffs? The nose wheel might be lengthened to give the wing a better angle of attack at takeoff, eh?
P
Old 07-18-2022, 08:07 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

The only V tails that I have flown are pylon racers and sailplanes, obviously no nose gear. However I have flown many old school pattern planes and found that having the nose gear too long with the wing at more then a degree or two will cause the model to bounce if not landed perfectly. I always adjusted mine so that at rest the wing ( symmetrical in this case ) was sitting at a negative of 1 degree. If your mains aren’t too far back from the CG this becomes a non issue.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:53 PM
[email protected]

Thank you speedracer
P