Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

GP CUB.20 ADDING FLOATS

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

GP CUB.20 ADDING FLOATS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 01:38 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GP CUB.20 ADDING FLOATS

After hearing the the ground handling on a .20 size cub is terrible I decided to order the float kit and put them on it for its first flight. Does any one have any experience on this model with floats, would like to know how it handles on he water? THANKS TWOSTROKE
Old 09-29-2003, 11:53 AM
Invertedflyby
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP CUB.20 ADDING FLOATS

I have one, it is in my avatar and there is another thread about it in here. It handles great on the water. I don't know about your plane but mine has always been a little tricky to fly in the air. By that I mean it will snap on you real quick if you aren't careful. The floats made it slightly worse but it's definitely flyable, although not a trainer. I think mine is like that because it's slightly tail heavy and I have the control throws set to the max so it's sensitive. Also the floats come with a ventral fin you are supposed to put on the bottom of the fuselage to make it more stable, I haven't put mine on because I think it's ugly but it would probably fly better.

I like the plane alot better on floats! It is a blast to fly or even just taxi around in the water. I built the GP .20 floats and they are pretty straightforward. I would recommend lubing the water rudder cable with some silicon so the water doesn't rust it. Also I have a OS .25 on it, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller. I think a Satio .30 or .40 would be a perfect match.

Good Luck
Old 09-30-2003, 12:15 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP CUB.20 ADDING FLOATS

I am running a saito .30 on mine hopefully that should be enough power.