Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

My Aventura Twin

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

My Aventura Twin

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:08 PM
ADSala
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Aventura Twin

Hi,
Here is my Aventura Twin from Hobby Lobby for anyone that is interested. I wanted an electric that would fly off water so this is what I picked. I am pretty happy with it so far. It's seen about 50 flights. I am using a 1800ma NIMH and two speed 400's for power. I have tried a variety of props and found that the zaggi style props work best. I am getting about 5 minutes flight full throttle and have gone as long a 10 mins with varying throttle. I pretty much built it by the instructions but hinged the ailerons with hinges instead of hinge tape. The hinge tape becomes unreliable after awhile. The float rubberbands wear out real fast too. They are long and narrowand and are not offered at Hobby Lobby. I found the Hobbyzone Firebird white wing rubber bands work great as replacements.

The plane is very good at not taking on any water which has surprised me. Just a little tape on the windshield that's it. I flies kinda funky because of the floats. The plane wobbles if it goes to fast. It can do rolls and loops. That's about it. Take offs need full up elevator to get on step then neutral to take off speed. It taxies fairly well but you have to go slow with turns. The only drawback that I have about this plane is that is was expensive! $200 just for the plane kit! My Seamaster kit was only $189 and it flies better and longer. But the Aventura is also fun.

Heres the Hobby Lobby link:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aventura_twin.htm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57786.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	66450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71274.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	66451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37712.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	66452  
Old 10-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Neo02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Aventura Twin

Hi ADSala,

I also finished my Aventura twin and if the weather is nice this weekend I will try it out at a meeting in Germany.
I have a 8-cell 1600 mAh Sanyo NiCD for power and 2x Speed 400 with Zagi-style props (direct drive). I also hear that it performs well with a 3:1 gearbox, but wanted to get rid of those because they are noisy. Will try the new Li-Poly cells as they are lighter and should perform well, although still quite expensive.

Regards,
-Fabrizio