Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

COASTLINE BEAVER

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

COASTLINE BEAVER

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 04:31 AM
canadair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COASTLINE BEAVER

Well after much deliberation, I decided to buy the Coastline Beaver, ( favoring the built up wing) so now that I have decided, the site is down! and they do not answer email???
what happened? does anyone know if Coastline from BC is still in business and selling the Beaver?

as well in the last week there was a picture ( cant find it now) on of a side view of a Beaver under construction, sitting in position over a veruy nice looking set of floats, anyone know which kit this was? size? etc.
Merry Christmas!
Pete
Old 12-27-2003, 01:41 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: COASTLINE BEAVER

you're right, it is down, Sea Commander was somewhat affliated with him, and they are taking a hiatus at the moment.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Lake Flyer
My Feedback: (13)

Murrey shut down Coastline because it was taking all his spare time and he would rather be building his own models. His personal email is [email protected] , so he might know where you can get a Commander RC Beaver. Otherwise check out www.mraerodesign.com for Beaver plans and possiably a laser cut kit.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:18 PM
cf-drg
My Feedback: (1)

Canadair.. That picture of the built up beaver is MR.Areodesigns I think... He posted a picture on one of my postings at RCCanada Forum, under Scale in the topic float-seaplane forum...
Heres the picture...he posted .....seems to be laser cut kit that lake flyer was talking about...
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2003, 04:27 AM
canadair

thankyou, thats the one! actually after the link was posted to mraerodesign, I went to the site, and from the plans you can see they are the same, but many thanks for the picture again.
now on an aside, since Murray seems to be outta the Beaver business, ( no answer via email in a few tries over the last couple months) does anyone have opinions on the mr aerodesign Beaver? if I go with the short kit, has anyone completed one?
the floats look good as well.
I would like to do it as CF OCN, based on your loc CF DRG, you may be familiar with this one, first Beaver I flew, some 20 years ago now! I sure do miss the west coast!
Old 12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
BillHarris

I'm building a 1:6 scale Beaver from a Unionville kit; it is a good kit, albeit a "builder's kit". I've not seen a "MrAerodesigns" kit, but from what I've heard, it is well-designed.

Another option would be a Beaver from Conachen; but at 1:4 scale it may be too much for you. http://www.conachenaircraft.com/

--Bill
Old 12-29-2003, 09:04 PM
bigguyplanes
My Feedback: (1)

I think Conachen aircraft is also shut down .
Old 12-30-2003, 09:35 AM
BillHarris

Well then, it looks like Unionville and Martin Rousseau are now the only games in town for Beaver models. The MAN (??) plans service has 1:8 scale Beaver available, so that is another option.

--Bill
Old 12-30-2003, 05:51 PM
canadair

I just tried the Conachen site, seems to be working fine. I had already ruled that one out due the fiberglass wings, I just prefer built up, and with Murrays out, I am going to give the short kit from Mraerodesign a try. It looks pretty good, and the floats look great, in fact the whole package looks like a good way to go.
Seems none are completed yet, so time will tell on weights, but the G38 looks like a good choice.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:57 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Try this link: http://www.pub.nxs.net/dehunt/
It should take you to Zimpro models who market a very nice looking 100" Beaver
Old 01-04-2004, 11:55 PM
smileybeaver

Hi Pete and all,
I have one of Martin's(mr aerodesigns) semi float kits on it's way to Australia.
He was kind enough to send the cad drawing to a friend here, who laser cuts kits.
It appears that Martin has replicated the fullsize wing drawing, with all its ribs, all done in lite ply.
I'm only new to R/C planes, and it has generated a bit of discussion amongst the old hands here.
Seems there are probably too many ribs and they could be done in balsa anyway. It is anticipated that the wing alone could weigh 6 or 7 lbs.......all up weight could be 30lbs plus. I picked up a 3.6 moki on ebay, so i'm larfin.....the zimpro is fibreglass with a recommended 1.8 engine size.
I'm pretty keen on scale,as is Martin, so I'm hoping mine looks like a beaver,unlike some of the other things out there........but it's a matter of personal preference, I guess.
From the float images.it appears that they are designed to "model' specs.
Cheers
Ron
PS questions [email protected]
Old 01-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Closterman

I have weight my prototyp this week-end. I have only to put the sheeting on the fuselage. All other parts are finish, ready to cover. With out servo, engine and covering, the weight is slightly under 5 lb.
Add 1 lb for covering, 4lb for the engine (Zenoah G-38), 2 lb of radio gear and 1 lb for landing gear. Total weight is approx: 13 lb (15 or 16 with float). I think it's pretty good for this size of aircraft. Don't forget it's a very scale aircraft and you have 103 3/4 " of wingspan.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:46 PM
racer-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

THis is my Ikon Dehavilland Beaver that i have built, i started last christmas and test flew it the same day i started building one year later, It is powered by a 28cc weed eater motor, took off at half throttle. The kit was very poor and i replaced a lot, did some things to make it more scale. In thisd picture u can see i don have many things finished, i have some decals that i need made, need to cover the landing light with clear plastic, and other minor things. I am also building little scoops to go on it like the real one. I modeled it after the beaver in the us army scheme. it was so exciting the first flight, everyone was watching(about 20 people). once off the ground everybody let out a load southern holler anyways here r the pics , idon't know when or if i will ever put it on floats, it wieghs 18.7 pounds. but it is one of the bestflyin planes ever so far, won't STALL very much at all, just mushes ahead until it reaches o speed very awsome design but hard to build kit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36115.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	88116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49653.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	88117  
Old 01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Closterman

Just few updated pics of my Beaver. Wing are now ready to cover. When I have done the tail gear bracket and belcrank, I will start to sheet the fuselage. Right as you see on the pics, weight are 6.5 lb.
P.S.: Young girl not inclued in the kit !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69360.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	88962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16422.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	88963  
Old 01-14-2004, 01:27 AM
smileybeaver

Hi Martin,
Looks good!
Can the young lady run fast? Maybe she could fill in for undercarriage until you get it finished!
Weight factors looking good too!
Cheers
Ron
Old 01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Closterman

Probably with full flap !! Beaver are a STOL aircraft !

I'v just finished to upload my building pics on webshot. Click on this link: [link=http://community.webshots.com/user/mraerodesign]http://community.webshots.com/user/mraerodesign[/link]