Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Wheels on a Sig Sealane?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Wheels on a Sig Sealane?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:54 PM
CP140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels on a Sig Sealane?

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Sig Sealane in time for our club's spring "float fly". Since we only get to fly off water one or two days a year, I'd like a plane I can fly off the ground as well...before I hand over my credit card though, I have a couple of questions... I've seen the ads and the Sig website...how difficult is it to build the "wheel" version of the Sealane and how easy/difficult is it to convert from one to the other?

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:04 PM
capncrunch
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheels on a Sig Sealane?

I just finished building the Sig Sealane. The kit allows for a wheel installation (additional parts not supplied ) which should not challenge the average builder. If I was going to build a dual purpose float/land plane (of which I have 5) I go with a basic strut/float setup rather than a pylon motor type arrnagment. The areobatic capabilities are better, and I don't know how well the tip floats would survive on a land situation.

By the way..the Sealane is an excellent off-the- water flier, and we are pulling a full power test flight next week (when the snow goes away). Outside of two carving jobs during construction I would buy the plane....

If you have any further questions, write me..

Allan Poinsett
AMA 87012