Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Mariner parts

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Mariner parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:12 PM
magyarbacsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mariner parts

I find this kit very frustrating. The main wing is so rough beneath the covering that I can almost count the wood fiber. The main wing's leading edge is wavy and very soft. I managed two good flights, but the motor quit at the most inopportune time ( is there ever a good time?) on the last flight, about 5' above water into the wind. The plane went nose down, landed in the water and the impact snapped the pod off. This is the second time and the pod mount is not worth fixing. damaged the leading edge of the wing next to the pod.

Lanier wants $130. for wing and $50. for pod. For a kit I paid $250.? Does the Mariner come in a kit form? Cant find one. Anyway, I've decided to get a Seamaster for $200. before I pay for the Mariner parts. Also got another motor and hope it runs better than the Royal. Its an OS 46 FX.

I'll keep the Mariner for now, strip it down later repair and recover with some quality covering. Tempted to use cloth and resin half way up the fuse, but that might be too heavy.

I'm trying to come back to flying, but so far it has not been as I remembered. Fun. Not that I'm old, just lived a long time.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:53 AM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mariner parts

I have never, ever, ordered parts from a kit manufacturer. When I crunch a plane, I use the old parts to make a pattern, and scratch-build the repairs. It costs about $2 in parts, and you're back to flyable condition in a day or 2.