Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Anderson Kingfisher

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Anderson Kingfisher

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anderson Kingfisher

I'm with you FuzzyI could also use the article.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Kevin R

I have downloaded the relevant pages onto my PC, after sending the magazine to "Skydanz" - another builder.
I will try to e-mail the pages to you right now.
Cheers - kevin.

(To Goirish and Fuzzy)
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Skydanz
My Feedback: (1)

Kevin R sent me the original RCM magazine with the KF construction article. I also have a copy of the printed instructions Dennis Tapsfield sent with his plans and they are nearly identical. I will hunt down the printed version and scan them to this site for you.
Don C

I have a YouTube video of my KF available at [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llM-YbWgb_E]Anderson Kingfisher[/link]
Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 PM
timn

I have some you tube footage of the Anderson Kingfishers at the Albury (Australia) Float Fly this year on these Links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQLCEuioLW0

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymmqr...eature=channel

The 1/4 scale Kingfishers weigh in at 6.2kg or 13lbs, powered by a OS120
Old 11-26-2009, 04:35 AM
VOX

Hallo,

Prompt, where it is possible to buy drawings of this plane? Or there can be someone has them in electronic form?

Albert
Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 AM
timn

Hi Albert

I make a fibreglass fuselage, for a 1/5, 1/4 and 1/3 Anderson kingfisher. more details are available on my web site www.creationsofflight.com.au The plans I have are for the fibreglass fuse and the engine pod etc, plus all the fibreglass parts and tip floats.

Let me know if these can be of any help.

regards

Tim
Old 11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
VOX

Thanks for the answer, Tim!

I will necessarily write you the letter.

regards
Albert
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM
BruceT

Tim,
I just went to your webpages and theres only pictures....I'm interested in the 1/5 scale kingfisher. Can you email me info and cost , what I'll need to finish it as far as wing kit etc please......thankyou Bruce

[email protected]
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 AM
Skydanz
My Feedback: (1)

I have the plans for 108" Kingfisher. Let me know if you still need it.
DC
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM
BruceT

Tim I got your email......I dont think I'm going to be dealing with those shipping rates though.....maybe one will turn up here for sale used or unfinished.....so if anyone has the 1/5th I'm interested....Bruce
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
crash bandicoute

something about opening a good ole can of worms. if anyone that has built this plane knows where i can get a cowl for the engine pylon, i would appreciate it. i just ordered the RCM Tapsfield plans about a week ago and am hoping to start building after this flying season, if it ever gets here. the weather is crap... i looked on FSI for the cowl, but the only one they have available that i could find was one for a different designer, and was listed as 1/5 scale. if anyone knows the actual scale of the tapsfield plans to be 1/5, that would be awesome. again, sorry for opening an old thread. i guess it's a pretty good plane if poeple keep coming back to it.

perhaps if Timn is still around, you could answer that for me. or someone else that may know.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
timn

Hi Crash bandicoute,

I have moulds for the 1/4 scale cowls and rear nacel.  I have built mine with the curved surface on the top which is different to the tapsfield plan but not a problem you just install the engine firewall up side down.

Drop me a line on [email protected] if you want more information.

Regards

Timn

Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
crash bandicoute

if the tapsfield plans are 1/4 scale, i'll drop a line about ordering one. i'm just not sure which size to go with. thanks for the reply and i'll look into it and talk at ya soon.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
crash bandicoute

i got the plans the otherday. wow, there's alot of work. some parts of the plans leave a lot for the builder. they give a 'typical' build-up for the formers, but no patterns for them. i'm guessing i'm going to have to go through and measure everything and draw up my own. the only patterns they give for anything with the fuse are the forward decking and the 'keel' for the fuse aft of the step. any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. and are the wood thicknesses really necesary? a lot of it is calling for 1/4 inch thick stuff. ply and balsa. i've never built anything on this scale before, so i'm not sure if it is. the plans note that all up flying weight and the proto-type came out to 16 1/4 lbs. seems like a lot to me. the papers also say the plane pretty much tries to stop flying if you get off the throttle too much. anyone with these problems? it's pretty much built up all the way through, so really nowhere for lightening holes. could i go with 1/8 balsa for most of it, or should i stick with the 1/4 inch balsa? also, the plans don't say anything about sheeting and glassing the fuse. i saw pics here of it done and was wondering if it was recommended for structure, since it's so big. i know the wing isn't, because it's got cap strips over the tops of the ribs. can i leave the rest of the fuse unsheeted (minus the keel and turtle deck) and cover with moneykote?

oh yeah, if i go for a gasser instead of a nitro motor, what size would be recommended?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
csnyder

Kevin, I know its been a long time, but if you still have the article on the kingfisher, I'd appreciate a copy.

Thanks,
Chuck

[email protected]
Old 12-21-2014, 12:57 PM
alexzach777
My Feedback: (25)

Originally Posted by timn
Hi Albert

I make a fibreglass fuselage, for a 1/5, 1/4 and 1/3 Anderson kingfisher. more details are available on my web site www.creationsofflight.com.au The plans I have are for the fibreglass fuse and the engine pod etc, plus all the fibreglass parts and tip floats.

Let me know if these can be of any help.

regards

Tim
Good afternoon to all,

Does anyone have an up to date e-mail for Tim and his Anderson Kingfisher accessories?

Thanks!

Jeff