Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
 GP 60 Cub Float attachment >

GP 60 Cub Float attachment

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

GP 60 Cub Float attachment

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GP 60 Cub Float attachment

Im currently building GP 60 size floats for the GP 60 size cub. the float manual does not cover how to attach the forward float attachment to the fuselage. Should I mount it the same as the rear and drill more holes in the Plywood landing gear mount plate? Or is there a way to utilize the holes that the aluminum gear mounts to and plug the other holes that do not get used to keep water out of the fuse? any and all suggestions are appreciated
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP 60 Cub Float attachment

What i used on my GP cub 60 was the same mounting technique as the rear in the middle of the front landing gear block. When flying off water. After taking off the landing gear i just take the bolts and put them back in the holes to plug them. Fast easy and i don't have to remember where i put them when i put the gear back on.

Dennis
Old 10-01-2007, 01:16 PM
My Feedback: (80)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dennis. Thats along the lines of what I was planning on doing, just wasnt sure if there was another method. I appreciate the reply. Another question, do you use the ventral fin when using the floats or does the plane fly fine without it? Ive heard both sides to this.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never tried to fly the plane without the dorsal fin while it's been on floats. So i can't tell you if it will fly allright without it. I also clipped the wing one rib bay while i was building it.

Dennis
Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never used the Ventral Fin on either a Goldberg Aniverary Cub or the GP 60. I am currently flying the GP. They fly fine, seeing as how I've never used the Vent Fin, I don't know if it would make a diff. or not.