Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Coating inside fuse

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Coating inside fuse

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 05:08 AM
jamcg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coating inside fuse

I have a Hangar9 Ultra Stick 40 that I am putting floats on for my first float fly in April.

Question : Should I coat the inside of my fuse to waterproof (water resistant). If so, with what?

Thanks everyone, love your board.

James
Old 03-26-2003, 01:19 PM
WeLaserCut

Default Fuse waterproofing

You really do not need to waterproof the inside of your fuselage or wings unless you plan on playing submarine with your aircraft.
Unless you have a major crash (hope not) you are not going to get enough water in the fuselage to worry about.
If you do want to add something to give yourself piece of mind, some dope or thinned polyurethane works great.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:07 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Coating inside fuse

I wouldn't waste the time, but if you feel you need to, you can thin 30 minute epoxy with alcohol and paint it on too. Make it thin like water.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Blackhawk RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Default "Coating airframes"

Don't bother on most airplanes. I have sprayed clear dope on 1/4 scale Cub airfames if it a dedicated float plane just to keep mildew out. A very light coat inside and out before covering, not really needed.