Community
Search
Notices
SimJet Turbine Direct Support Direct support for SimJet Turbines provided here.

simjet 1700 starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
inpieces
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simjet 1700 starting issue

I am hoping my issue is a simple fix, although i have tried everything. My simjet 1700 will not begin the start sequence properly as the instructions spell out.

The problem is, when I advance the throttle to idle I do get the solid yellow and blinking green but nothing more happens..? If I advance to full throttle the same.

What I have is;
Full auto start 1700 D1 490
on the ecu it says "tested jan 2008" with signature (possible JR or JU?) this is when I aquired the turbine
Fadec 2002 D-1
Never had it out of the box until I mounted up on a Kangaroo.

I own several other turbines and have never had an issue starting but honestly my familiarity is with Jetcats.
I have pulled the SimJet and replaced with a Ram 750 for now but would really like to stay with the oringinal setup. Any help is appreciated.

Alec
Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Uefly

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: simjet 1700 starting issue

Hello!

When you start a Simjet, you will have to set the throttle range first. On idle the yellow light must be steady with a flashing green light. Then move the throttlestick to max and adjust your endpoint until the yellow light comes on. Then move your stick back to idle position and after a second or two the start sequense will come to live. The red light will go on flashing, it tells you to open up the gas supply and when the gas ignite the red light will be solid when the combustionchamber is hot enough. Then it will start the fuelramp and then the engine should be running on its own after a few second.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
inpieces

OK, I have an old set of instructions that does not explain this. I will try this setup this evening.

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
inpieces

So I tried this today and it does not work. I am using a Futaba 9chp with a futaba ppm rx. I dialed the end point both directions, nothing. Then I dialed the trim both directions, nothing. Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Uefly

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi again!

I have 3 simjet 3000, one with Fadec 2002 Simjet original autostart. The first thing I do, is to set the throttlestick and trim in middle position. Then i turn on the ecu and the green light will flash, telling that the ecu is ready. Then I move the th stick down to the end and then adjust the endpoint until I get the solid yellow. Then i move the stick forward, adjust the endpoint until you find the yellow light again and then the stick fully back again. Then I turn off the ecu and switch it on again, then you have learned the ecu your trx throttlerange. What it doesnt know is if the throttlesetting has to be reversed. On Futaba you have to reverse the thrrange, I have a Futaba FX 30, and had to do it. When this has been cleared you must have the thr stick i idle pos and then turn on the ecu. The green light will flash and the yellow will be solid. If you have done this right, you can move the trim down and the yellow light will go out. This is how you stop the engine. With the trim back in middle and with solid yellow again, move the stick to max, wait until the yellow light comes on, slowly move stic back to idle and as I said earlier, the startprocedure will engage.

If this does not happens, you must check that you have all your plugs and wires in their right places, and a fully charged 9,6 volt nicad or nimh battery. You cant use 2 cells lipo on this.

But I will advise you to get the Gasper fadec with a handhold dataterminal. Guess Kerry Sterner in US Simjet LCC can help you out with this.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM
inpieces

Uefly, Thanks for your input. I will try this again and hopefully it will work. Will keep you posted. I like the idea of getting the handheld terminal, much like a JetCat or Ram GSU I assume.

Thanks again,
Old 01-30-2010, 06:29 PM
inpieces

Uefly, Thanks for all of your help. Unfortunately this did not work and I tried it every way possible to get the limits in line to try and get a yellow on the full throttle range...? I yanked the SJ and threw in a P-120, and until I get a chance to contact SJ support it will sit on the shelf as a paperweight.