Community
Search
Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Smart-Fly single-receiver Ignition Cutoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart-Fly single-receiver Ignition Cutoff

I have purchased a Smart-Fly single-receiver Ignition Cutoff to be used with a High Voltage ignition. The ignition is a Vlach to ICU conversion Electronic ignition (for 2S LiPo) to power an Evolution 45GT ( MVVS 45 IRS). Will this Ignition Cutoff can handle the higher voltage of 7.4 Vdc?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Smart-Fly single-receiver Ignition Cutoff

ORIGINAL: AirTech
I have purchased a Smart-Fly single-receiver Ignition Cutoff to be used with a High Voltage ignition. The ignition is a Vlach to ICU conversion Electronic ignition (for 2S LiPo) to power an Evolution 45GT ( MVVS 45 IRS). Will this Ignition Cutoff can handle the higher voltage of 7.4 Vdc?
Yes, the unit able to handle up to 8.5V.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: rrritchey

ORIGINAL: AirTech
Yes, the unit able to handle up to 8.5V.
Thank you for your fast response.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
jmcowart

I notice on the Smart-Fly web site that the Regulated Ignition Cutoff is made with a Fatuba battery connection on the transmitter. Is it available with a Deans Ultra connector? I want to use one with LiFE A123 pack for ignition and do not use Fatuba anywhere. Or am Iway off base here for some other reasons. Thanks. Mike.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 AM
rrritchey

Hi,
I think you must be talking about the Fiber-optic receiver since its the only thing that connects to the ignition battery. The fiber-optic transmitter connects to a servo port on the receiver. A Deans connector is not needed because the current is so low so we only supply a Futaba female to the battery. You can plug in either a Futaba or JR male to this. You can make an adapter, you can use one of our SuperSwitches which has Deans on the battery side and JRs on the output or you can change the connector on the fiber-optic receiver.

ORIGINAL: jmcowart

I notice on the Smart-Fly web site that the Regulated Ignition Cutoff is made with a Fatuba battery connection on the transmitter. Is it available with a Deans Ultra connector? I want to use one with LiFE A123 pack for ignition and do not use Fatuba anywhere. Or am I way off base here for some other reasons. Thanks. Mike.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM
jmcowart

Many thanks for the explanation. I understand now, and was thinkingthe transmitter connected to the battery. My mistake, and thanks again for the help. Mike.