Notices
Smart-Fly (Quest Engineering) Support Forum Support forum for all Smart-Fly products. Equalizers, Batshare, Ignition Cutoff, Regulators.

Power Requirements?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Requirements?

Hi I am finishing up my 40% jtec, this is my first 150 size plane build. Today as i am reviewing my setup i have a few questions to make sure that I am ok or I need to go back to the drawing board and try again because i want to fly it sunday. The plane has a turbo reg with two 7.4 3500 mah batteries and on one battery before it hits the turbo regulator i have a 3 way deans connector the T provides 7.4 to the Seiko rudder servo. After that it goes to the regulator. But the other battery goes directly into the regulator. I know that the regulator has the capability of pulling from either battery but i want to make sure that im not setting myself up for desaster. I tried at one time to put the seiko directly to the power regulator but the servo was quite slow on 6v what do you reccomend me to do. And by the way the reciever bracked i got from you last week worked sweet...
Thanks
Chris Tolley
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
rrritchey

Default RE: Power Requirements?

Hi Chris,
Most people run a separate battery on the Seiko. You can do it the way you state but make sure you check the batteries every flight, especially the one with the Seiko. You want to know if its sticking and drawing too much current. The TurboReg will draw from both batteries or 1 if the other battery gets about 0.1V lower.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
icando3d2

From your experiance if you had to give an educated guess how many flights could i get out of a set of packs? 2-4 flights? This is my first seiko experiance too so im just relying on others for help. Thanks
Chris
Old 04-09-2010, 06:02 AM
rrritchey

Hi Chris,
I have never used a Seiko servo so I really do not know. A rough guess is that with 2 3500mAH packs you should get 5-7 flights but this is just a wild guess.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM
icando3d2

thank you for the input, I purchased your product for two reasons well acutally 3. One to fix the output voltage on my fs recievers, two I had a need for a 40%plane and 3 the customer service that your provide and your personalty when we met at Nall last year. THanks for the Help c-u at nall
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
rrritchey

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
flightstick

I have a very similar system, but have a separate battery for the seiko. The pack for the Seiko i charge once on a weekend and thats it. Fly about 10 flights on the weekend and pck takes about 1600mha. i use a 3 cell 2200 mha pack. Both flights packs are 3200mha and thats pretty much the same charged once on a weekend ....