Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Spartan

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Traxxas Spartan

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Spartan

For the glory of sparta! lol

Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this one looks stable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtak...eature=related

yeah that's a villan, my bad
Old 01-07-2011, 01:46 AM
TFLHOBBY-Candy

Nice Picture
Shouted his Favorite
GOOD
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
wilsta67

ORIGINAL: NitroSS

For the glory of sparta! lol

cancel your order and get one from here while they stil have stock.
http://www.rcboca.com/rc-boats/
this is where i got mine from. it has arrived in customs and i should get it on monday woohoo!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: wilsta67

ORIGINAL:

[img][/img]
this is where i got mine from. it has arrived in customs and i should get it on monday woohoo![img][/img]

not sure why I would want to order from them to pay about $440 when I can get one from Tower for only $320 shipped
that's $120 less at tower to wait another week or two
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
losifiend

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL:

[img][/img]
this is where i got mine from. it has arrived in customs and i should get it on monday woohoo![img][/img]

not sure why I would want to order from them to pay about $440 when I can get one from Tower for only $320 shipped
lol, I was going to say! Tower is definitely the way to go. But, IMO, I would rather spend the money on a Venom P1 and for just a few bucks from Hobby City for a motor and ESC you could have one kick @$$ mono racer with a way nicer paint scheme.

Give it a month or two....actually its Traxxas, so give it a year until they hit every LHS's shelf's and these things will be a dime a dozen, used. Haha [:-] If I can pick up a used one for 1/2 the price later on I will do so. But for now I think I'll pass.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: losifiend

ORIGINAL:

[img][/img]

lol, I was going to say! Tower is definitely the way to go. But, IMO, I would rather spend the money on a Venom P1 and for just a few bucks from Hobby City for a motor and ESC you could have one kick @$$ mono racer with a way nicer paint scheme.

Give it a month or two....actually its Traxxas, so give it a year until they hit every LHS's shelf's and these things will be a dime a dozen, used. Haha [:-] If I can pick up a used one for 1/2 the price later on I will do so. But for now I think I'll pass.
yeah, these will go down in price more
the Venom Mono is sweet looking
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM
wilsta67

ORIGINAL:

[img][/img]

well it really does not matter where i get it from as long as i get one
and its still cheaper than paying a $800 from a dealer hear in Australia to get me one in.

and tower are selling them a bit dearer than $320 mate so dont talk ****! lol

Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
wilsta67

lol!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRku4h1wcz4[/youtube]
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
JPriami

My Spartan is on backorder from tower. And as a member I am paying $309 shipped.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: NitroSS

My Spartan is on backorder from tower. And as a member I am paying $309 shipped.
Mine is coming to me for $319.98
Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
losifiend

.......and tower are selling them a bit dearer than $320 mate so dont talk ****! lol
hahaha!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 PM
JPriami

lol!!

this video must be of a new boater?
and the girl talking sounds like she is saying "so is this an e-revo fartn" lmao @ giving the guy a hard time.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Stinger9d9

lol!!
What's a Sparton? Did they change the name again? I mean it's not like the name is written down the side of the thing...oh wait, it is.

Maybe the 50mph on the side of the box was too distracting.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
OKCIS

My brother in law bought a Spartan this weekend so i figured id drop my 2 cents down on it. We tossed 2 11.1v lipos in it and hit the water (while it was snowing outside lol) and the thing hauls butt we were shocked but then again neither one of us has ever driven an RC boat before but this thing was a rocket. The handling was super impressive we never once flipped the boat we spun it out once but that was it. How stable it was in the water was really shocking to me. For 2 guys who had no clue what they were doing this boat is pretty much the perfect buy for people who just want a boat to take with them to the lake and drop in the water and have fun.
Thats what he got this one for when we are in the real boats and stop to hang out we can toss the RC boat in the water and have some fun.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: OKCIS

My brother in law bought a Spartan this weekend so i figured id drop my 2 cents down on it. We tossed 2 11.1v lipos in it and hit the water (while it was snowing outside lol) and the thing hauls butt we were shocked but then again neither one of us has ever driven an RC boat before but this thing was a rocket. The handling was super impressive we never once flipped the boat we spun it out once but that was it. How stable it was in the water was really shocking to me. For 2 guys who had no clue what they were doing this boat is pretty much the perfect buy for people who just want a boat to take with them to the lake and drop in the water and have fun.
Thats what he got this one for when we are in the real boats and stop to hang out we can toss the RC boat in the water and have some fun.
Congrats on the first boat...Im from Poteau,Oklahoma..I just got my first boat last week..It wasnt a spartan..I got the Miss Geico 29...Its a sweet boat too..
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM
wilsta67

well i got my boat last week but have not had a chance to try it out as yet due to all the floods around here.
i must say its sturdier than it looks. the graphics on the boats are either painted or molded into the hull during manufacturing.
they have also supplied some extra stickers with it to add if you wish.
you get a tool kit consisting of 3 allen keys 2 spanners and a cross spanner .
some oil for the shaft and spare prop and hatch clips.
the nose of the boat is stuffed with foam to stop it sinking. the transome looks very strong with extra beefy parts where all the screws go in.
the ECS has three sittings
training mode
sports mode
and race mode
why they done this is beyond me.
i did run into 1 problem setting up the boat.
the receiver was suppose to be bound from factory and i could not calibrate the esc and transmittier.
so that had to be bound again.
over all its a nice looking boat. and cant wait to get it out and video it to see if it does what they claim it does 50mph all out
and i will record it for you with GPS proof. anyway until then here is another video released on the tube by someone else.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpIJ9gn9iM[/youtube]

Old 01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
OKCIS

We were gonna take it out this weekend and get a video but never got around to it. If i was gonna guess on the 6s 11.1 lipos we are running in it the boat probably does 40-45 mph. Im basically basing that off knowing how fast my cars run. We are going to toss my garmin GPS inside it when we do it so we will have an actual reading.
The biggest problem we are having is with those batteries it wont run longer then 5-6 minutes without the ESC going into protection mode because its too hot. Thats running the boat in water that is 33 degrees also so how fast is it going to overheat when we get it in 80 degree water this summer at the lake.
Hopefully we can find a good aftermarket cooling solution for it that will let it run for awhile. With the batteries we are running id guess we could get an easy 20 minutes of run time out of it.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
srt10

How big are you 3s packs?

I to am wondering what's going to happen with warmer waters?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Dirt_hawg

Put a different prop on it..one that is smaller diameter and less pitch..It will unload a bit and run cooler..You will lose some topend but it will be worth it..Also..If the prop change dosent help, It may turnout to be like the VXL in the 1/10th scale car setup..They run about 150 to 160 deg just fine..
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 PM
srt10

Or better yet, traxxas needs to take care of the heat issues...
No one wants to buy a rtr that is said to do 50mph out of the box, only to make it slower by the owner so they can play with the thing...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Dirt_hawg

Or better yet, traxxas needs to take care of the heat issues...
No one wants to buy a rtr that is said to do 50mph out of the box, only to make it slower by the owner so they can play with the thing...
True,True...

Like I said if its anything like there rc car setups it will handle 150 160 deg..
Ive had great results with there rc car setups for years running at those temps with the VXL systems..
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
wilsta67

We were gonna take it out this weekend and get a video but never got around to it. If i was gonna guess on the 6s 11.1 lipos we are running in it the boat probably does 40-45 mph. Im basically basing that off knowing how fast my cars run. We are going to toss my garmin GPS inside it when we do it so we will have an actual reading.
The biggest problem we are having is with those batteries it wont run longer then 5-6 minutes without the ESC going into protection mode because its too hot. Thats running the boat in water that is 33 degrees also so how fast is it going to overheat when we get it in 80 degree water this summer at the lake.
Hopefully we can find a good aftermarket cooling solution for it that will let it run for awhile. With the batteries we are running id guess we could get an easy 20 minutes of run time out of it.
the ESC has 2 settings 1 for nimh batteries and 2 for lipo's have you set the ESC to accept the lipos if the green light is on on the ESC then its set for the lipo batteries.
if the light is red on the ESC then its set to accept the nimh batteries that came with the boat.
you change these settings with the transmitter.
if you dont do this it will do exactly what your saying its doing going into limp mode. you need to read the instructions.
it also has three settings for speed.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
srt10

have you set the ESC to accept the lipos if you dont do this it will do exactly what your saying its doing going into limp mode.you need to read the instructions. it also has three settings for speed.

I'm not sure if you read what his issue is?
his esc is getting hot after only 5-6min. it does not matter if the esc is in the Nimh or lipo mode
a hot esc is a hot esc
and I'm not sure of anyone who is wanting to set the esc in the lower of the TWO speed settings on the esc.. it will only run 1/2 speed.. not much fun at 20 something in this size of boat [:-]
Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
wilsta67

have you set the ESC to accept the lipos if you dont do this it will do exactly what your saying its doing going into limp mode.you need to read the instructions. it also has three settings for speed.

I'm not sure if you read what his issue is?
his esc is getting hot after only 5-6min. it does not matter if the esc is in the Nimh or lipo mode
a hot esc is a hot esc
and I'm not sure of anyone who is wanting to set the esc in the lower of the TWO speed setting on the esc.. it will only run 1/2 speed.. not much fun at 20 something in this size of boat [:-]
maybe if its not set to lipo mode it will over heat because there is to much current. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.