Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:14 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

And there are still folks who defend that company.

Ryan
Yeah, I just don't get it???
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Fine Design charged my credit card $865.00 without my authorization on 10/13/11 True Story

When in doubt, check with the Better Business Bureau. An ''F'' rating for Fine Design:
[link]http://www.bbb.org/NYC/business-reviews/hobby-and-model-construction-supplies-retail/fine-design-rc-in-middletown-ny-90581/[/link]
Did anyone even bother to read the BBB review? Four complaints in three years is hardly a condemnation, but haters will always bend the facts. Here are facts:

"Factors that lowered the rating for Fine Design RC include:
Failure to respond to 1 complaint filed against business
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business"

Tower Hobbies has 17 complaints at the BBB over the same period, yet for some reason no one seems to hate Tower as much as they do Fine.

I am not a fan of Fine Design, but neither can I support those who discount the positive experiences of others by inferring they are fools.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Got RPM

When in doubt, check with the Better Business Bureau. An ''F'' rating for Fine Design:
[link]http://www.bbb.org/NYC/business-reviews/hobby-and-model-construction-supplies-retail/fine-design-rc-in-middletown-ny-90581/[/link]
Did anyone even bother to read the BBB review? Four complaints in three years is hardly a condemnation, but haters will always bend the facts. Here are facts:

''Factors that lowered the rating for Fine Design RC include:
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business''

Tower Hobbies has 17 complaints at the BBB over the same period, yet for some reason no one seems to hate Tower as much as they do Fine.

I am not a fan of Fine Design, but neither can I support those who discount the positive experiences of others by inferring they are fools.

are you kidding me!!
towers sells thousands more than Chris ever will!!
the ratio is so much higher and we know of several people who have gotten ripped off by this guy who never sent a complaint to the BBB[:-]
I think in that 4 years of sales they don't add upto Towers monthly sales
and if everyone who got ripped off by him sent a complaint it would blow past Towers issues
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 AM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: Got RPM

''Factors that lowered the rating for Fine Design RC include:
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business''

are you kidding me!!
towers sells thousands more than Chris ever will!!
the ratio is so much higher and we know of several people who have gotten ripped off by this guy who never sent a complaint to the BBB[:-]
I think in that 4 years of sales they don't add upto Towers monthly sales
and if everyone who got ripped off by him sent a complaint it would blow past Towers issues

Exactly; But some people can never accept the fact that their opinions are not considered the be all and end all.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Den
My Feedback: (4)

Got RPM the better business bureau is a paper tiger reporting anything to them is a waste of everyones time. Out of over 40 posts on two forums you are the only one that is advocating this Less than honorable company. Everyone else is throwing Fine Design under the bus. So I guess your on your own island. What possiable motivation can you have to keep on beating this dead horse. Produce someone else to advocate this rip off company or give it a rest. Besides that I'm using weak words like you say so maybe you will get it. By the way try to stay on topic not attacking me as being driven emotionaly. I live in reality and have stated the unadulterated facts in my orginal post. You don't have to like it. The reality is that the facts speak for themselves and this string is being fueled by peoples experiences. So far the odds are 40 to 1 and guess who the one is. Try to remain civil.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Basstronics
My Feedback: (2)

So whatever happened with this?

Did you get your money back?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:58 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i have NEVER heard a bad word about offshore electrics or kintec and have always had good experiences with them.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Den
My Feedback: (4)

The net result of all this was as follows. Fine design charged my card. I caught the charge before it posted to my card. Charging and posting are two different things. The reason it did not post to my card is because I had to cancel the card to stop it posting at Chase Banks security advisers advice and under his advice I began the process of filing a complaint so I did. The credit card company looked into it and so far Fine Design is off the hook because it never posted to my card. So I got dipped again because I had to go through the hassle of straitening out a new card to all my vendors I use. If it had posted then, I dont know if even then they would do anything. According to the security advisor Fine Design was going to catch heat. But I guess not. This post has served it's purpose. It seems like credit card companies allow this stuff to happen and do nothing about it. As usual the bankers have fun with our petty squabbles. So thats it, nothing is going to be done.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:18 AM
rcdiehard

Yeah Den I had the misfortune of dealing with that lousy good for nothing conman Chris. On January 20th 2010 I wired 2,390.00 to the crook for a Kyosho 1/8th scale brushless car RTR, some motor mounts, props,extra tires for the said car,an esc and a neu 2230 1y motor.After two weeks had passed I heard nothing from the dirtbag. After the third week I contacted him and was given a tracking number,when I tried to track it at USPS i was told the number was invalid. No luck in trying to call the scumbag. Going into the end of February I contacted the Middletown Police and was told they are just down the street from the hobbyshop. An officer drove down to the so called hobby shop and informed the thief that I was trying to contact him without success. The lowlife then informed the officer that his phone had not rang for the morning and that I should try again. I tried and the bandit answered he was furious with me for calling the police and told me the items will be shipped the next day. This was after he had given me a fake tracking number previously. The order arrived on the 29th March minus my neu 2230 1y motor and my four rims and tires. When I contacted the asswipe he casually informed me that he would look into it and contact me. Today is 31st December 2011 and he is still looking into it.I contacted the BBB but they are helpless to do anything other than give a bad rating. By the way I do not live in the U.S. and we pay $6.40 of our currency for one U.S. dollar. So do the math. To all who defend him I guess he has never robbed you YET!!!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
srt10

so this guy got ticked at you for actually doing something about the fact he did nothing for you..
maybe the police should pay him another visit.. isint this slealing after all? [:-]

to all beware I've seen him join OSE just the otherday looking like a good guy, but I think most know how this guy operates.. [>:]
Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Punisher_67

Just out of curiousity whatsFines username on OSE
Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Punisher_67

Just out of curiousity whats Fines username on OSE
sending you a PM at OSE
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Rich404

Over the past 5 years I have seen various people post things about Chris and Fine Design that were just like this one... It's a shame that this is still happening after all this time. Just a few months ago someone was victimized by him and posted about it on the General Discussion board.

A few years ago I was intrigued by all the boats on the wall on his website and being that the shop was 2 hours from me I called them up for info so I can go in person and check out their stuff....When I inquired about the boats I was urged not to go because there was no more boatsor boat parts for saleat the store just model car parts....They claimed that all boat stuff was online only and there was nothing in the store for me.....I found this odd because the site gives an impression that they specializeand have lots ofboat stuff....

I knew then something was wrong...Since then I periodically see posts like the one posted here....

The better business bureau won't do much to him but the best thing to do is put a dispute in on your credit card. This is theeasiest way to get your money back from him. The only thing it won't do is stop him from trying to rob other people.

To all....please stay away from Fine Design..

-Rich.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
xsthomas

I use to buy a lot of parts from Chris up to about 7 or 8 years ago. Even then you had to keep after him. He would tell you he had something in stock to get your order, when he had to order it, get it in and then send the order to you. Or a few times just forgot about my order, after I wouldcall weeks later to check on my order. I stopped doing business with him years ago. As stated there are several other reliable companies todo business with.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

PEOPLE,,,shop somewhere else!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: hobby_man

I believe you are speaking to the wrong people. It appears to me they most likely have already done so.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:22 AM
hobby_man
My Feedback: (8)

I believe you are speaking to the wrong people. It appears to me they most likely have already done so.

(Just a few months ago someone was victimized by him and posted about it on the General Discussion board.)

it does not read like it!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM
srt10

(Just a few months ago someone was victimized by him and posted about it on the General Discussion board.)

it does not read like it!

Not everyone knows about this crook
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Rich404

Not everyone knows about this crook
It's true, not everyone seems to know otherwise this and other discussions about this guy wouldn't exist.

If this discussion discourages at least one person from buying fromFine Designthen it serveda purpose.

-R.